First off don't take a big bag. Pack a little one with just what you need and leave the rest in your car - you will appreciate not dragging around a big suitcase on the island. If driving, park beside the lake promenade in Bavena, between the white lines - it is free and you can leave the car there for days without paying anything. If you park between blue lines you have to pay. Take the public ferry from Bavena. Once you arrive at Isola Pescatore, if you can get past the throngs of tourists (i never think i am one of them of course) and head straight to the hotel, it is a little piece of heaven on the Lake. Ask for a room with the private balcony area(shared with a couple of other rooms) that looks straight out to the lake and Palenza in the distance. You don't see a single tourist other than your hotel mates). The restaurant is the best on the island (and maybe in the Lake). No need to leave the hotel. Take a bottle of wine to your balcony, bask in the warm air and the spectacular view and relax. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We had the best room in the house...Margheritta #2. Shhhhhh I shouldn't be writing this - it may get discovered.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Ristorante Verbano Hotel
- Albergo Ristorante Verbano Stresa
- Albergo Ristorante Verbano Hotel Stresa
- Albergo Ristorante Verbano Stresa, Italy - Lake Maggiore
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Albergo Ristorante Verbano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.