“Good food and service” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Went here about 12 years ago and had the nicest pizza ever. Went this year and the quality was still high - I and my son had perfectly decent pizzas, and my partner had a simple pasta dish which she said was superb. Didn't have a problem with the service, but we were pretty much the first in there at mid day, so they were hardly busy ! Very pleasant venue too, especially up on the top patio area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
  • Polish first
Nuremberg, Germany
“Good Food, Slow Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Had dinner for two at this restaurant, we ordered one fish starter, fruit du mer pasta and a pizza. the food was generally nice however the service was terrible, we ordered a change of plates from pasta to pizza however the waiter forgot, the pizza got cold and they re heated it for us and then it was not so good afterwards. I'd definetly come again and i would prefer if the service could get better

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Good food, service could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Ate here for a main lunch meal. Sat outside which is really nice and a sun trap even though its location is amongst the buildings and away from the lake.

Food prices are reasonable for Sirmione and the food (we both had variations of seafood pasta) was really delicious.

It was pretty busy and there were plenty of waiters and although they were polite I really felt that they were a bit up themselves and trying too hard to show off, so the result was brash unfocused service.

Would recommend for the food, but would need some patience with the staff. Needless to say I didn't tip.

Visited May 2013
Torquay
“It's just a pizza hut”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

A large party of us went here on 24th May, with the tables booked 3 months in advance. I have to say the food was good, but, my oh my was the service a let down!!!
Why only 2 waiters for such a large restaurant is beyond me, so as you can imagine, it was wait, wait, wait and confusion between the waiters was very evident.
A word of warning though, other than pizzas, meal accompanments,are charged as extras, salads and vegetables etc; which can make it a very expensive meal, around 30 euro, Salads are hit and miss, a tomato salad is just that, tomatoes, and nothing else!
I do agree with some other reviewers about the toilets.
We all arrived on opening time, 7pm, and the toilets were only acceptably clean and didn't have toilet paper or hand wash soap.
So even though I would not put you off, you need to be very patient as, even for a drink, you can wait a good half hour.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We decided to go here for our friend's birthday. We were not disappointed. The service was excellent as was the food. The house wine was also very good and reasonably priced. This town has so many restaurants, competition is stiff which keeps the prices down. I was the astonished to see the children at the table next to us eating French fry pizzas. We paid in cash and were very happy with the whole experience.

• Visited April 2013