“First time in my life I've had to walk out of a restaurant because of the bad service.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pizzeria Capri

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Barcelona, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were looking for an affordable and uncomplicated but decent quality place to have dinner in Lecco, and after a walk around the town centre, there seemed to be no doubt that this was it. It was a bit early, and a Monday night not a weekend, but the terrace was already bustling with people, who seemed mostly locals, not tourists; since this is usually the surefire sign of a good place, we dove straight in and secured a table. We didn't have to wait for it, but shortly after we were seated the queuing began. We felt fortunate, and looking forward to what was apparently going to be a nice outdoor dinner, close to lake Como, and good value for money. It was obvious that pizza was going to be the restaurant's strong point, so my wife ordered one (a pugliese, with onion, one of the simpler ones), but I was a bit tired of pizza after having eaten it several times in the days prior, and ordered Penne al ragu.
We waited for a reasonable amount of time, and my penne came. They looked good; I was going to wait for my wife to have her plate before starting to eat, but she insistently told me not to so they wouldn't go cold; and when I started, I confirmed that the penne were indeed very good. The ragu sauce was delicious.
So I ate my penne, going slowly so that I wouldn't finish my plate too soon. My wife took little nibs from time to time. And her pizza didn't come. We started to observe that the place was really getting busy now, and the waitresses were having some trouble to cope. Patrons at other tables who had arrived at orund the same time as us still hadn't been served either.
And time went by... and even though I was trying to go as slowly as possible, I finished my plate of penne, and my wife still didn't have her pizza. It had been more than half an hour since we ordered. The mood was already a bit ruined by this point, but we just wanted to get it over with. The waitresses, however looked increasingly overwhelmed, and nothing seemed to be coming out of the kitchen, everybody else was waiting. Then at around the 40-minute mark, a waitress waltzed around the tables with a sausage pizza, asking who it was for. Nobody answered and I started to fear the worst. She wandered around with the orphan sausage pizza a bit more, went back inside, came back out and walked directly to our table. "You ordered this, right?". No miss, I'm afraid we didn't. My wife can't stand sausages. We realised that, after 45 minutes of waiting, my wife's pizza hadn't even gone into the oven. The service had apparently completely collapsed.
I was furious. I went to the counter and told the man in charge that I wanted to pay for what we had already eaten, and go. I had never done this before but we were fed up and not willing to wait around any more. The man apologized, and told me I didn't owe anything and we could just go. This is why I'm giving the restaurant two stars (or "circles"), instead of one.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
La Mirada, California
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Very busy at dinner time but worth the wait. This was our first night out in Italy so we chose the Sweet Salami Pizza, it was unbelievable. The house wine is also very good. Prices are about average for the town.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A good, cheap pizzeria in Lecco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

The pizza is very good, and unlike many places in Lombardy, they have a good, spicy chilli oil. Avoid the house wine though; this is not a major problem since bottles are reasonably priced. Unlike some other commenters I have no problem with the service. This is a good, accessible pizzeria and my favourite in the town of Lecco

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere