My husband and I stayed at this hotel once in 2010 and twice in october 2013. We had the same consistent quality of service at all times. The town gets very quiet at nights during off season so the square where the hotel is located is the most lively place during evenings. It is also steps away from the shopping district and lake side. It takes 5 minutes to walk to the shore where you can get on boats for a short como lake tour. The rooms are very basic but clean and well maintained. It is good value. The pizzeria of the hotel is the best in town! There is parking place for an extra 10 euro per day, big convenience. While in town, we strongly recommend you take the 1 hour boat ride and take the funicular up the hill where on both cases you will experience fantastic view.
Our only feedback would be on breakfast. It can be improved as it does not do justice knowing how great food the hotel serves at lunch and dinner. Homemade jam, good cheese and eggs would be good alternatives. Still would stay here every time we come to como.
The room on the second floor which has a window overlooking the interior of the building is the best. Both the room and the bathroom are bigger.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated within the heart of the inner city only within a short walk of the legendary banks of the lake of Como. Albergo del Duca offers its clients the warm hospitality of a family run business along with the charm of a recently renovated XVII century building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Albergo Del Duca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Del Duca Hotel Como
- Albergo Del Duca Como, Italy - Lake Como