“New and outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Como
Switzerland
“New and outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The hotel was just bought and has been remodeled. The prices aren't that bad and the place is so nice! The rooms are very modern with great finishings and quite roomy. They don't have parking but the public parking is only a 5 minute walk and they can give you a 20% discount card. The location is absolutely perfect!! It is in the Piazza Volta right in the center but still in a quiet area. The little café on the ground floor was so nice and perfect to take in an evening drink before going out for dinner. I look forward to our next trip!

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to too much light in the room, I wouldn't get room 504 where there is a hug...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I love this hotel. It is beautifully designed with very minimal but thoughtfully modern details. It is extremely clean and the staff is very friendly.

The showers are huge and beautiful, which is difficult to find in Italy (perhaps in Europe in general).

The location is wonderful, as it is right on Piazza Volta, which is one of my favorite piazzas in Como. It is also centrally located and close to the lake.

The restaurant downstairs is nice and a good option if you want to have a quick breakfast, although it's not included with your room. And there's a terrace outside overlooking Piazza Volta if the weather is nice.

Because the Posta is so new, there are a few things it's lacking, although I'm hoping they will be added soon. For example, there is no minibar in the room, which is sometimes inconvenient when we want to have cold water or store bottled water or food. Also, there is no room service and the restaurant is only appropriate for breakfast or cocktails.

I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Como. It is one of the most beautiful places to stay in the area and it VERY reasonably priced.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Room 301, all by myself, in the heart of Como. A New Yorker two minute walk to the lake and the ferry and three minutes to the Center Piazza with Monte's Cafe.

Perfect room. Perfect bed. Wonderful brand new everything. Gorgeous bathroom.

The hotel is in the Piazza Volta where you can enjoy outdoor dining with Taverna Mexicana, Vintage Bar, Hemingway and too many more to list.

Easy to find. You can roll your bag from the Malpensa airport train station to the Como station and over to the hotel. It is about 6 NYC blocks.

I thought, as I booked on line, that there would be no one to greet me, but the bustling bistro/bar was a happy hello.

When I return for romance, I will book the top floor with balcony facing the lake and the sunset.

Free Wifi everywhere in the hotel and you can also loop into the Como city wifi.

Cannot say enough good things about this wonderfully positioned, nicely priced, brand new hotel......the red carpet up the stairs makes you feel super VIP.

Room Tip: 301 faces the city and is quiet and calming. Top floor suite has a gorgeous balcony that faces the l...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This hotel was very nice. It was very reasonable priced, newly updated with a contemporary design. This is a great location in Lake Como, Italy. We were able to walk from this hotel to many great restaurants, shops and to the Lake front where we took a boat to Bellagio which is another beautiful town on the lake. I would recommend the fast boat because it gets you to Bellagio and many other towns along the lake front quickly. We stayed in the Jr. Suite with a lake view and a very nice terrace. We spent time relaxing on the terrace and taking in the beauty of this lake front town. The staff at this hotel was more than helpful and willing to give us recommendations on what to experience while in Lake Como for site seeing and great places to eat. While talking to the staff I realized that the hotel was under new ownership and had just recently been updated. The room was very spacious and clean. I would recommend this hotel highly because it is affordable, modern, clean, has a friendly staff and is in a great location. Hope you enjoy Lake Como and the hotel as much as we did. We hope to return in the near future and we plan on staying here again. Many great memories!

Room Tip: Our room had a Lake View and a terrace. It was a Junior Suite. We also looked at the other rooms i...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

A dump, but an experience not forgotten.
Upon entry of my "suite" I had to take it upon myself to remove the previous occupants pantaloons which were still hanging in the window, gently swinging in the breeze.

Since it was so hot and having yet again found myself lost trying to locate the establishment, I decided to partake of a refreshing shower. After I entered and proceeded to scrub and whistle, it came as quite suprise to have the entire shower cubicle collapse around me. After delicately removing myself from the absurd scene and having reached for the smelling salts to assist for the onset of shock, I could do little but laugh. Explaining the scenario and requesting reconstruction of my acquazzone to the girly at reception was no easy task I can assure you! I'm sure she had her finger on the button under the desk should security be required for the assisted removal of yet another guest having lost their way in life in her hotel.
It was then professionaly stuck together again with some masking tape. Brilliant!
No sign of a bible but had to remove a pair of stinking shoes from the bedside draw. Bless!
Mattress and bed quite possibly relics from Noah's Ark. Bed bugs moved out years ago.
Pigeons in the piazza got a better breakfast.
Need I go on!

Room Tip: I'd wasting my time!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Even though this hotel is recommended by Lonely Planet as a „good value“, it should be your last option in Como. The room we were staying in was really shabby, with old furniture and paint chipping off the walls. It definitely was not worth 80 euros we paid for a double room. On the other hand, the hotel is situated in the heart of the city, which saves you a lot of time when going sightseeing.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Stuttgart, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in Albergo Posta and weren´t satisfied with that hotel. Although the rooms are not dirty, they are old and shabby and the carpet is full of stains. In our room the shower did not work at first (we had to wait one day to have it fixed which was especially annoying after a 5h travel), the windows did not close properly and the electric sockets were falling out of the wall...We had the impression that the owner wanted to get the most money possible with the least effort because I personally don´t think that any of the rooms has been renovated in the last 50 years.
On the positive side we have to say that the hotel is in the heart of ancient Como and just 2 minutes walking distance from lake Como. The breakfast is good and plenty and the staff is friendly.
All in all the hotel is much too expensive (we paid 90 euros/night/double room) for what you get.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Posta Design Hotel? Share your experiences!