Our travel agent recommended this hotel when our first choice (recommended by a business colleague) had no availability. We were pleased to discover its prime location on a piazza with a lake view, when we arrived after an overnight flight from the U.S. Elena greeted us with an enthusiastic "Buon giorno!" and, after checking us in, informed us that, due to the early hour, our room was not ready. We followed her suggestion to have coffee in the hotel's very comfortable lounge located steps from the registration desk and with a great view for people-watching. Before we had finished our first cup, one of the other desk attendants came by to tell us that our room was ready! The room had a king-size bed (a pleasant surprise!), ample closet space with plenty of hangars and windows that could be opened. The marble bathroom was well-lighted with the usual amenities. The deep tub with separate overhead and handheld shower fixtures -- each with its own hot/cold water controls -- is an idea that should be adopted by hotels everywhere! I wanted to get a manicure and asked Daniel at the front desk if there was a salon near by. He graciously called around and was able to schedule an appointment for me the next morning at the salon located next door to the hotel! I can't say enough about the central location of this hotel. The tourist office is located just across the piazza and many of the sights as well as stores, good restaurants and ice cream shops are within short walking distance. The buffet-style breakfast was included in our room rate and the offerings included eggs, bacon, fruit, yogurt, a variety of breads, cereals and hot & cold beverages.
Elena and Daniel were especially helpful and courteous during our stay and really made us feel at home. We will definitely recommend the Barchetta Excelsior to our friends and colleagues who plan to visit Como.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Barchetta Excelsior is one of the most important properties belonging to the hospitality tradition in Como. The hotel enjoys the privilege of a breath-taking view of the lake and is located a few steps from the Cathedral and from the city centre and main shopping area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Venere, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Barchetta Excelsior reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barchetta Excelsior Como, Italy - Lake Como
- Barchetta Excelsior Hotel Como