We stayed here for 6 nights on a business-related trip and we really don't have too many complaints about this hotel as we knew what we were looking for when searching for a suitable hotel in Como. There is no view and it is not a hotel for relaxing in, it has a strictly business-hotel feel, quite charmless and commercial. It is conveniently located about 10 mins walk from Como San Giovanni train station which is the main route to Milan.
We also picked it for air conditioning and free wifi access, which other grander hotels in Como don't necessarily offer for free. You need to get a new username and password from the front desk every 24 hrs to have wifi access but it is a small inconvenience, and we did not have any major problems with internet access throughout our stay. A/c was cool but still felt a little too warm when it was 30C outside. And the location is just outside the city walls, so it takes barely 10-15 mins to walk to the Piazza Cavour (harbour) as well as to the Duomo. It is not an altogether unpleasant walk but the immediate neighbourhood around the hotel doesn't seem terribly attractive, however we did not feel unsafe at any point. There are plenty of decent restaurants just near the hotel, even unassuming-looking ones that are reputedly very good. The room itself was dark, of a satisfactory size and furnished with all the basic amenities one would expect. The safe was tiny and could only hold small documents and cash. The beds were also a little too springy to be truly comfortable, and the bathroom was very cramped. On the plus side, however, the hotel staff were all friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a rather humdrum and unremarkable buffet spread. I'm sure there are more attractive places to stay in Como but we have no real complaints about this one and on the overall, it was a fairly pleasant stay.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Continental Hotel
- Best Western Continental Hotel Como
- Best Western Hotel Como
- Best Western Como
- Como Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Continental Como, Italy - Lake Como
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel situated downtown, 300 meters from Como San Giovanni train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Otel and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Continental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.