“Gery good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 49 Como B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Gery good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this bed & breakfast. We stayed one night and the owners were very nice. It was like staying in your own country house. Nice, bright and clean bedroom. The breakfast was actually more than what I was expecting for the price. About the location, it's a bit far from the centre if you don't go by car, as we did. Though it's easy to reach by bus, there is a bus stop at Ospedale S. Anna and you just have to go down two minutes to find the place.
I would definitely go back to this B&B.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I understand how it can be a 5 star for some but not for me. Depending on what you value it can be a 5 but also a 2 or a 1. I go to BNBs quite a bit so I am not picky but for a good review, the bed and the breakfast have to be good. The room, bed, bathroom were excellent, but the breakfast was the worst I had in a BNB. I do not expect necessarily a continental breakfast but I expect every item to be fresh and tasty. Here you will get supermarket croissants (not the bakery ones), artificial juices, low quality spreadable cheese. Only saving grace was the coffee, not high quality but at least a cappuccino machine (which I only knew about because another couple asked for it).
The garden was ok but a high-traffic street 10 meters away did not contribute to the experience.
Finally, a few misleading statements in the website. What is most visible from the house is neither the lake nor the mountains but the high traffic street right below. Very noisy when at the garden. The pool was not only closed but also covered with dirty tarp. Not a nice sight. Do note you must have a car to go to this BNB as everything but the small church they mentioned is driving distance. In summary, not horrible, but I am sure there is better in Como.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I chose this place for the nice features they describe and show on the webpage, and, I traveled knowing it was a sunny weekend- this past weekend. The address does not show on GPS but after one call, we found it. If you have a car, there is parking. Very disappointing to see a dirty tarp over the pool with dirty water sitting on it- bugs and all. You be the judge, see the photo. That is the welcoming area that leads you to the house. The building is very modern and renovated. My room was exactly as shown on their page, large with a walk-in shower. What the picture does not show is that windows are one-story up at highway level. That was the room view. The access to my room was by climbing 3-sets of narrow stairs that need better night lighting. Breakfast is grossly below average. Yet, you can have a cup of fresh coffee. While I thought the check-in after 5.30 pm was a bit odd (and check-out at 10), I was ready to pay the rate assuming their house was nicer than others, or better situated. I even accepted the NO room cleaning for the 2 nights I was staying. Thursday & Friday were sunny and nice to visit Como, about 26 degrees/ 75+ Fahrenheit. If you plan to stay here without a car, good luck. In my opinion their claim that you can hike to town is misleading. The kind lady taking care of the house was very pleasant. When I asked why the pool was in that condition, she justified the fact by saying the owners were on vacation and that it had been a bit cold. Even if I did not plan to use the pool, its maintenance was a must.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

It's located just on the side pavement of an expressway but the sound proof is quite good. We can hardly hear the noise outside. But taking bus to the B&B isn't easy for foreign tourists. We can't figure out when to press the stop button and everyone we asked speaks no English. Well I suggest if you also take bus No.1 or No.8 to the place, sit by the right side of the bus, remembering the look of the building, and when you see it, don't hesitate, press the red button. Yeah, you got it!
The owners were very friendly and have a very distinct taste. It seems they do some art design related jobs. The room is big and clean, bed is comfortable. The bathroom is almost as large as the bedroom.
The breakfast is great. Comparing to the hotels by the lakeside, this one is not expensive, but no views from the room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Thank you so much for having us! It is romantic, boutique and clean, we loved it.
It was like staying in their house, we could use everything in the living room, gave us a very welcome feeling. I stayed here with my partner last year and I asked for a invoice with both our names on it (for Visa purposes) and I received a reply straight away, thank you so much!
We will definitively come back to this gorgeous place with the nicest hosts!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was our 2nd stay at Casa Cantoniera. Hosts are flexible with check-in times (let them know in advance) and are generally very welcoming. The room was perfect for our needs (family, 3 adults) with a newly refurbished en suite bathroom (shower,not bath). Breakfast was ample, the hilights being FRESH bread/pastries,and EXCELLENT coffee (I had a delicious ristretto). Does what is says on the tin. Highly recommended.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Pringle Bay, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is an excellent B & B. Well situated and a good price. The rooms are big and well furnished and there is a lounge area which the guests can use. The hosts are friendly and helpful. The breakfasts are great. . I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Cantoniera Como? Share your experiences!