“lovely views” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Chichester, United Kingdom
“lovely views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were staying in this hotel so ate there, the restaurant over looks the lake ,we ate there fish and rice dish for two people one night and there own ice cream both worth trying as we loved both .the food is good value ,the staff very friendly and efficient .The restaurant was busy every night we stayed .would recommend booking a head.0

Visited September 2013

80% Recommend
Stoughton, Massachusetts
“Great Location, Horrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Like many other reviewers, I really wanted to like Silvio's. My partner and I arrived at 7:30pm for dinner, were greeted by a friendly host and our waiter promptly visited us to take our order. A server (not our waiter) brought out the drinks we had ordered promptly, but then another server (also not our waiter) brought out another beer for me. He spoke no English, and I had difficulty trying to explain to him that I already had the beer which I did order. He eventually disappeared with the second beer (which was not the one I ordered). The first course came out promptly and correctly, no complaints. Then the main courses came out, I had ordered a filet mignon medium - it arrived rare (no, not rare - RAW!). Our waiter dropped our plates and ran, and that would be the last we saw of him for at least 15 minutes. I cut into my filet and immediately realized it was raw. I waited patiently for my waiter to make an appearance, for 15 minutes he NEVER came anywhere near us. I asked another server to ask him to come see us immediately, and they indicated they would. Still no sign of our waiter, so I went looking for him - meanwhile my raw filet was cold, along with the vegetables. Our waiter FINALLY came by, about 20 minutes after having dropped the raw filet - I showed it to him and said "I ordered this cooked medium, this is RAW". He shrugged, said nothing (no apology or any sign of concern) and disappeared with the raw filet. About 10 minutes later another server (not our waiter) returned with the same filet which had now been properly cooked. Meanwhile, my partner had finished his dinner while I was just starting mine. I scarfed the filet down quickly and asked for the check. A server (not our waiter, we would not see him again this night) eventually brought us the check. We paid the bill in full (no attempts by management to compensate for the inconvenience they had imposed), and tried to leave. The problem was we were told that the hotel would provide return transportation to our lodgings, when we asked how this worked we were told to go to the front desk of the hotel. We waited there for over 10 minutes, there was nobody working the front desk! Eventually the same waiter from Silvio's that told us to go to the front desk told us that a car was waiting at the street that would take us home, which it did. I'll never return to Silvio's, the undercooked filet could have been quickly resolved IF they cared even the slightest bit about customer satisfaction. As others have said, the service here is ridiculously bad - avoid it at all cost. There are plenty of great restaurants in Bellagio, you don't need to put up with this.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The food, the service and the view simply wonderful. The quality and the freshness of the food was impressive. My husband and I had the fish of the day and we were not disappointed.

Visited September 2012
london
“Great atmosphere but disappointing food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Lots of families, lots of tables full of people dressed up! But the first course came far too quickly to have been specially cooked - and my pasta was lukewarm with a sauce which tasted slightly of heinz tomato soup. The main course was terribly oily (although I liked the green sauce). One companion had ravioli which was very salty. We thought this was not nearly as good as other restaurants in which we've eaten over the last 10 days or so.

Visited August 2013
Wickford, United Kingdom
“Nice food beautiful view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The food was very nice and lovely setting overlooking the lake. The restaurant runs a free taxi service which is useful. It's a fish based menu so if you don't like lake fish then the options are limited.

• Visited August 2013