“Amazing view” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Bellagio
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great place to stay - amazing view! One of the best views I have seen. Staff very friendly and helpful. Nice food and breakfast as well - delicious pumpkin (zucca) bread. Really enjoyed my stay - the view is seriously one of the best views you'll ever see and is better than any view I had in my travels around the lake. I could have spent hours outside on the terrace just watching the view! Big thanks to the cleaning staff as well, who put my towels into shapes every day (eg a swan) - was so nice to come back to! Absolutely amazing place to stay! I'd highly recommend it.

I was a bit worried about the location initially as it's not in Bellagio town centre, but I very quickly figured out the hotel shuttle service (which goes 3 times per day, big thanks to Franko!) and also the local buses, and it was absolutely fine. The showers are also very small (I went to a hairdresser to get my hair washed) but for the view and the service and the food, I loved my stay so it was only a small inconvenience that didn't affect my trip. I highly recommend Hotel Il Perlo Panorama.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rockville, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stay here! For 2 star prices you get 1.) a stunningly spectacular view from your room of all three legs of Lake Como formed by the Bellagio peninsula--Swiss Alps in the background and Italian Alps on both sides; 2.) quiet, 3.) outstanding family style attention from owners Carlo and his mother Piera, and 4.) easy access to the town of Bellagio below and the high points of the Bellagio peninsula above. Plus the food in the hotel restaurant is excellent. I've visited twice, first with my wife in March, second with a friend in August, and can't wait to return. On the second trip, we used the hotel as a launching pad for cycling in the mountains around Lake Como. The hotel is now stocking good quality bikes for this purpose that can be rented on site, although they will need to upgrade to higher end bikes for the serious cyclist attempting the very steep grades in the area. The hotel itself is located on a 14% grade portion of the famous Ghisallo climb, which is used frequently in professional cycling competitions such as the Giro d'Italia and the Tour of Lombardy, and summits at the Museum of Italian Cycling and the shrine of the Madonna del Ghisallo, confirmed by Pope Pius XII as the patroness of cyclists. The shrine contains a small cycling museum with photos and artifacts from the sport, as well as an eternal flame for cyclists who have died. Not interested in cycling? Bring some books and read from the hotel patio located on an escarpment overlooking the lake while being served your favorite drinks with hors d'oeuvres and serenaded by roosters and donkeys; or shop/dine in Bellagio; or ferry from Bellagio to explore the charming towns dotting the lake; or take in night life in Como. The cherry on top is the warm hospitality of Carlo and Piera, who can't do enough to make guests feel comfortable. There is shuttle service 2 km into Bellagio, and ample parking very close to town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Arlington, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

When we arrived in Bellagio, we had a lot of trouble getting a cab off the ferry, and I arrived at the hotel feeling frustrated and tired. But then we opened the door out to the shared balcony, and suddenly I forgot about all the troubles with the journey. The view is really special. The owners were so nice and helpful, and the shuttle service was great. Because cabs are not reliable in Bellagio (I honestly think it's just 3 guys with cars who want to make a little extra money on the side if they are not busy), it's a little risky to go out to dinner somewhere other than the places that have shuttle service, but fortunately we didn't run into an issue.

The only real issue is that because you're a little further out in the country, we woke up both nights to dogs barking, followed by roosters. For HOURS. I think I would recommend to travelers to get a room further away from the road if possible. I also might recommend to the owners to get some alarm clocks with a built-in white noise machine. We slept with our iPhones blasting a white noise app on our pillows.

Despite this, I would absolutely come back, and would recommend to anyone!

Eustis, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We spent two nights here while visiting Bellagio and surrounding lakeside villages. This B&B has one of the most beautiful views of Lake Como, looking north up the lake, which is an inverted "Y." The rooms were quite comfortable, with great breezes through the windows and an overhead fan. Breakfasts were great as well, eating on the patio with gorgeous views over Bellagio and Lake Como.

We had a car, so were able to use public parking near Bellagio and walk everywhere. In addition, we were told a van made several trips a day from the B&B to/from town.

We took the ferry around the lakeside and particularly loved Verenna, a colorful village on the east shore across from Bellagio.

We came to Bellagio by way of auto ferry from a town on the west shore. Another good idea may be to take the train from south of Lake Como up to Verenna, then get a ferry to Bellagio.

We will go back and likely stay again at Il Perlo Panorama. We loved Bellagio as well. The only negative to the stay were neighbor's dogs barking at night. Since there was no air conditioning, there was no way to drown out the barking without closing the windows and loosing the nice evening breeze.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Loved the location of this hotel! Great service. Good but overpriced dinner. Nice shuttle service. The view is spectacular. WOW! I would return for the view alone. The town is great with a nice lido and of course the shopping and restaurants are very good with friendly and attentive service.

• Stayed August 2013
Buenos Aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Pros: Beautiful place to stay al Lago di Como. Bellagio is a small picturesque town and the hotel is within a 5 minute drive from the town.
The terrace is the highlight of this beautiful hotel. The rooms are clean. The staff is very friendly, helpful and resourceful. They are ready to welcome the guests making the effort to answer all kind of questions and to make sure you are having a good time.
Had a room with views at the garden and didn´t matter because we could stay at the terrace at all times. No need to pay the extra money :)
Cons: the shower at the bathroom is pretty small!
Would definitely come back!!

Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Usually i don't write any reviews, but this hotel is really outstanding and worth. it was the best trip ever. My husband made a surprise to me, so I didn't have an idea of where we were going and what incredible place we would visit. So when I entered a room and opened a door of the balcony... I couldn't even breathe for a moment. :-) we stayed only 2 nights, but everything was perfect. The owner of the hotel and all other staff are very open and friendly, and ready to help if anything needed, so it made our stay even more pleasant. We will definitely recommend it to our friends and will be back someday. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellagio
Hotel Belvedere Bellagio
Hotel Silvio
Hotel Silvio
#9 of 17 in Bellagio
4.0 of 5 stars 463 reviews

Been to Hotel Il Perlo Panorama? Share your experiences!