“great shoes and boots,very fair prices, great service” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Warrenton, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“great shoes and boots,very fair prices, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

There are so many shoe/boot shops in Italy in general and Bellagio specifically, but this one was great! Run by a very knowledgeable and attentive couple, they have a great selection of beautiful shoes and boots. They were able to figure out our Italian size, had all the ones we wanted in all the sizes and colors needed. We had been comparison shopping for awhile, so we knew that the prices were quite fair. They also gave us the catalog of the Nero Giardini boots I loved and offered to ship future choices to us, since they are not sold in the US. A very pleasant shopping experience!

Visited October 2013

Christchurch, New Zealand
“The Best Shoe Shop Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was a shoe shopping experience to beat all others. The owners of the shop couldn't do more to find options to suit us!
Far after the time they would normally close they were finding us options that were not on display!
The most amazing selection, and wonderful quality! A shoe lovers dream.
There was one pair that was not available in the colour we wanted, but they were sent to us in New Zealand a few weeks later and were perfect.
We could've filled our suitcases with stunning shoes from il Capriccio.
Alas only 5-6 pairs this time.
You won't be disapointed.

Bethesda, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
“Beautiful shoes, and comfortable as well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Over the years, I've found myself wearing only shoes with low heels or flats because I can no longer deal with higher heels. I found this shoe store in Bellagio. I started by looking at the flats, but then Bobbi, the owner, who knows here stock really well, figured out that I was really looking for nice-looking but comfortable shoes. She recommended a bunch of styles made by an Italian company called Scolaro, which, despite the higher heels seemed really comfortable. I ended up buying several pairs. I have now worn different pairs to work and to go out to dinner, and am amazed at how comfortable they are, even on the first day (no breaking in period needed). So, for the first time in more than 5 years, I am wearing pretty shoes with heels.

The prices were good as well. -- the shoes cost about 80 -140 euros (about $115-$180; also I applied for my VAT refund, which should return about 11 -12%). Not cheap, but still cheaper than the nice Cole-Haan or other designer shoes that are now sitting in my closet, and which are not nearly as comfortable.

The store is small and looks cluttered, but Bobbi knows her stock, and will give you very good advice. I will definitely make a point for stopping by again next time I plan a trip to Italy.

Bethesda, Maryland
42 attraction reviews
“You must go here . . .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

. . . if you like shoes and if you want a truly professional experience and Italian style. We walked into this unassuming shop in order to buy one pair of men's Italian loafers. But when we met the proprietress of the place, we were both charmed and we were also amazed. (I believe she is called Bobbi, although that does not sound too Italian.) She was wonderful to meet and to get to know, and she surely knows her business. She has this incredible knack for getting to know her customers and learning their style and taste. It was a revelation, one filled with Italian warmth.

The bottom line is we walked out of there two hours later with eleven pairs of shoes, and only one pair was for a man. She sensed what my wife liked and each time Bobbi brought her a new pair, boots, shoes, sandals, whatever, they were exactly what my wife likes and wears. Now, here is the best part. The shoes were all very well made with excellent material. They were also of an Italian style that you cannot get in America, and if you could get it the shoes would coast three times as much. So, it was very clear to my wife that if she bought ten pairs of shoes here it would actually be an investment. She would not have to buy any new shoes for a few years, These simple and elegant shoes would always be in style, And she would be saving a lot of money.

It was too good to pass up. One more thing: There is another shoe store in Bellagio, called Rolando, where the proprietor is a bit rude and watches you like a hawk. He will not let you touch the shoes and he will tell you that you cannot afford them. Stick with il Capriccio and with Bobbi. You will actually enjoy yourself. I know I did, and being in a shoe store with a woman has never been my cup of tea. That is how very cool it is.