“Great tables by the lake” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 62 Restaurants in Bellagio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: ...The Hotel Metropole and its Restaurant in Bellagio, on the Lake Como offer the perfect ambience for lunches, dinners, wedding receptions and anniversaries... Whether you would like a formal reception, a more informal buffet or a romantic dinner "au bord du lac", our romantic and enchanting venue, the grand dining room which opens up on the enchantment of the lake, the very good cuisine and the unique position of the Terrace on the lake form the ideal picture for an unforgettable occasion
Paris, France
“Great tables by the lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The restaurant itself has a decent menu. However the freshness of the produce and view by one of the many tables by the lake is just amazing. More so, you can boat around the lake, park right outside your table and have a fabulous lunch or dinner. What we really liked were the rosemary tomatoes and cherry tomatoes aoart from many other things.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Beaufort, Slo Country
“I have a terrace with a view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

After a long day of schlepping across the lago and up and down the cobblestones of Bellagio, my wife and I decide to head to the lakeside for an aperitif. We stop at the Hotel Metropole which has nice terrace dining and a less nice cocktail area. So, we decide to stay for dinner. Views over the lake are why many people come to Bellagio. And you’re not disappointed; certainly not here. Unless you fall into the late dining routine which is definitely not good for “views.”

We’re served bread, which is not normal in real Italian restaurants. But when they do it, they charge extra. We decide to share a starter of whitebait. Just to go with our glass of Prosecco. We’re surprised when it arrives…could have been a starter for at least four people. It’s tasty in an English sort of way (salty).

I have a pasta dish, panzarotti filled with ricotta and spinach in a creamy truffle sauce. Actually, they were not panzarotti at all (meant to be fried), they were ravioli. They were very tasty, mostly because in my book it’s hard to go wrong with truffles and cream. They should try that on corndogs at the Texas State fair. But, I digress. Unfortunately, there are only four “panzarotti.” Since I share with the wife, that only leaves two for me. I would gladly have traded some of our extra whitebait for more ravioli. But, that expensive bread came in very handy in sopping up the sauce.

Char-grilled lamb chops are served with dill. I think some are chops and some are other parts of lamb. Tasty, nevertheless. But, nothing to accompany. You even have to cut up the dill yourself if you want to eat it. A pretty barren dish.

Fortunately, we had a bottle of Chianti that went down very well. Mellowed me out. As you can tell.

The dessert menu was boring. My wife doesn’t often say that! Sacher torte as if we’re on the Danube. We had nothing. E91 all in.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Perth
“A Great Place to Eat Right on The Lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were staying in the hotel so for our first night we decided to eat in the terrace restaurant overlooking the lake. It was a little chilly to eat outside, but I can imagine it would be a magical place on a warm summer evening. We had a nice dinner of Tagliatelle Bolognese, Lake Fish, Tiramisu and coffee. Service was efficient and friendly and with a 10% discount for hotel guests it was reasonable value. The only criticism would be the internal lighting which was very bright.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Marginal at best....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were staying in the hotel and when we arrived it was raining. We did not want to venture out into the rain so we thought it would be good to try the hotel restaurant. The service was decent, but the food was marginal at best. I had the local fish and it was dry and over cooked. My husband had a ravioli and it was smothered in cream sauce. I would not recommend this restaurant.

Visited October 2013
Bristol
“Excellent Restaurant - Spectacular views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This restaurant is amazing - best to book for a lakeside table. Food is wonderful, and the service is spot-on. Worth going here, even if you're not staying in Bellagio - car ferries run until late.

• Visited September 2013