“What great fun!” 5 of 5 stars

+39 031 950535
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Cooking Lessons Private Cooking Lesson with chef Luigi Gandola.10.00 am: Meet chef Luigi in your hotel lobby in Bellagio or from Bellagio ferro station and transfer by private vehicle to his restaurant the “Salice Blu”.Enjoy a cup of coffee with Luigi before visiting his Herb Garden (with its 40 different aromatic herbs) behind the restaurant’s kitchens.The cooking lesson begins at 10.30 and you can assist Chef Luigi in making home made pasta, risotto and ravioli using fresh local products from the market. Enjoy these delicacies for lunch.Following lunch, Chef Luigi will give you a diploma as well as an English translation of the recepies.Apron With Himalaia sign And. Little present of italian foodTransfer back to your hotel at 2pm. ( time can change)
OTTAWA
“What great fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had a wonderful time with Chef Luigi. He is funny and his class is a pleasure. The lunch that followed the class was absolutely delicious. We loved exploring his garden and working in the kitchen with him and his staff. This class was great value, I would do it again.

Visited October 2012

Kirkland, Washington
16 attraction reviews
“Organized chaos with plently of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Luigi Gandola is an inspiring young man, full of life, with a great sense of food, and a sense of humor to accompany that as well. My husband and I signed up for the cooking class, neither of us are great cooks, but thought it would be fun. It was quite fun, and we learned a little, but mostly enjoyed eating what we prepared. While really we only made the pasta dough, and helped out with a few tiny other things, it was a fun day, the food was great, and I'd recommend it to anyone that has a few hours to spare in Lake Como. Luigi is a one-man show - limo driver, chef, entertainer, hunter of wild mushrooms, etc. His passion for growing his own food is wonderful, and keeps the quality of the meal high. A fun experience and great food.

Visited September 2012
Peachtree City, GA
“A fun way to learn Italian cooking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Chef Luigi taught us how to make pasta, tiramisu and risotto from scratch. He is passionate about teaching us why and how to cook excellent Italian food. Chef Luigi is fun and light hearted explaining everything as we prepared our food.

Before starting the food preparation we visited his herb garden. He talked about all the different plants growing and how some were planted when children are born.

After preparing our meal our class sat down and enjoyed the fruits of our labor including some excellent wine.

We left with gifts including a cook book.

Visited September 2012
San Francisco, California
77 attraction reviews
“A very fun morning with a delicious end result!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I scheduled this cooking class while visiting Lake Como, and I am glad we did. We coordinated everything via e-mail with Chef Luigi and he was there to pick us up at the ferry, right on time, when we arrived in Bellagio. We were shuttled back to the restaurant and we began by touring the herb garden, learning about the best way to handle and prepare fresh herbs. After that, we recessed back into the kitchen area, where we worked on our meal for the next few hours. Based on the reviews I've read, it sounds like the food that you prepare is pretty common - ravioli, gnocchi, risotto, etc.

We had the chance to eat our final product and - wow! It seriously made me consider coming back for dinner that night (and I regret not doing it as the other restaurant we tried was not as good as what we had at lunch!). The food preparation was incredible and the end result was delicious.

My only complaints - and these are minor - is that we didn't really get to do "hands on" cooking for some of the dishes (for example, the risotto) as it was basically prepared for us. Since I'm not familiar with cooking risotto, it would have been beneficial to me to actually partake in the preparation and cooking of that, since I learn better that way. Also, the recipe book - while a nice gesture - seems to be incomplete in spots, so it's hard for me to figure it out on my own now that I'm back home. Certainly Chef Luigi's English translation is better than my Italian, but there are parts missing and so if I don't remember what we did when in the class, it's hard for me to recreate the recipe at home. Overall, though, it was a wonderful and delicious experience and I would do it again if I return to Bellagio!

Visited July 2012
Nottingham
“Do not miss it out from your holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is a must, my husband and I had great fun, it is truly inspiring to meet such a hard working young passionate person like Luigi - would love to do it all over again!