“THE best gelato in Italy. Trust me, we tried a lot!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Dessert
Description: Best gelato
Description: Best gelato
“THE best gelato in Italy. Trust me, we tried a lot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Oh my goodness... before we left on our honeymoon I remember looking at gelato shops across Italy, in search of the best one. I found many reviews for Gelateria del Borgo saying it was the best, but I thought there MUST be something better in all the huge cities in Italy. Nope. We tried gelato for two weeks straight in Venice, Florence, Rome, etc.... this was the best by far.

We got gelato three times a day for three days and we were still wanting more! I swear the rest of the trip we lusted after Gelateria del Borgo. Also its cheaper than anywhere else and the owner is so friendly. Definitely do not miss out here if you're in Bellagio.

maryland
“Excellent gelato!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

The gelato at Gelateria del Borgo was some of the best we had during our recent trip to Venice and Lake Como. They had some unique flavors (along with the usual ones) not found at many others gelaterias, which made it a nice change of pace and a welcome treat. My wife had blueberry, which she proclaimed as the best gelato she had on our trip! I would definitely search this place out again if I ever find myself back in Bellagio.

• Visited April 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Tasty gelato but nothing special about it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My fiancé and I went to this place to try out "the best gelato in Bellagio" as some of the reviewers said - some even said it's the best in Italy! When we arrived there, the little gelato shop was packed with people and it had a great vibe. They gave us a big scoop of gelato and they melted quickly and were dripping to our hands so we had to eat them quickly. The gelatos were tasty, however they were not as special as we imagined. There was nothing that really stood out to make it the best gelato in Bellagio we must say!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“THE best gelato in Italy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Gelato. One of the most popular foods in Italy, and the one thing everyone looks forward to apart from pizza and pasta. My quest to find the best gelato in Italy ended here. After trying countless cones of gelato, this was definitely the stand out. Yes, it might have only been vanilla gelato, but I have never eaten gelato quicker than this. The texture, flavour and taste were perfect, flawless, even heavenly to get descriptive. Totally worth the trip to Bellagio

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney
“Give me more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Firstly, let me disclaim this review by stating I did not try any other gelatarias in Bellagio. After a recommendation from the owner of the apartment we were staying to try this place, there was no need to gamble on eating ice cream anywhere else.

I in no way feel like we missed out. This gelato was divine and up there with the best I've eaten.

The pistacio was fantastic and had the right amount of tang and sweetness. The lemon sorbet was delicious and full of flavour. My wife very much enjoyed the 3 different chocolate flavours that were available over the 3 days we we were in town.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and had a vested interested in helping you enjoy your experience with them. This seemed like a family owned and operated business.

Would I go again - ? Right now if I could =) yum