“Views and not much else, place for tourists” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 62 Restaurants in Bellagio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Il nostro locale, arredato in stile di montagna, si presta a pranzi, cene di lavoro, romantiche ricorrenze in famiglia e piccole cerimonie, accopagnati da una vista impagabile di rara bellezzaI nostri piatti Formaggi e Salumi NostraniPolenta unta - Toc - Pizzoccheri - Cinghiale Cazzola - Missoltini - Miascia - Frutti di Boscola nostra azienda agricola di antica tradizione con prodottitipici di nostra produzione
Milan, Italy
“Views and not much else, place for tourists”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was hugely disappointed with this so-called trattoria. I think this place mainly attracts and caters to tourists who are out to see the views. The views are undeniably great but I've eaten in many trattorie and this place doesn't live up to the standards (or the reviews I've read on here) of what a good trattoria should be. I'm Italian, I've been raised on Italian food so I can say that with a certain degree of confidence. The main meat dishes are very small portions, and despite my cinghiale tasting good, there were literally three cubes of it on my plate. The 'verdure miste' which were included on the plate, were chopped up into tiny pieces (as if to go into a stir fry) and tasted worse than aeroplane food. They gave us a giant portion of tasteless polenta (also accompaniment on the same plate) which is exceptionally filling and I assume it's to take away from the fact that there is so little else on the plate. Very bland indeed and not what you would except from a place were the produce should be fresh and plentiful.

A proper trattoria gives you good wholesome portions of everything, doesn't count the number of cold meat cuts on a plate of antipasto, fresh seasonal vegetables from its farm. This place didn't deliver.

We were anticipating a little gem given the drive up, the fact that it's immersed in countryside and buried within the beautiful mountains above Bellagio but how utterly disappointing. There are far superior, smaller, family run trattorie and agriturismi in this area with far superior quality food.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Roseland, New Jersey
“What a View!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

A family affair high above Bellagio. Inexpensive transportion from the Post Office in Bellagio by the owner.
A scenic ride to the restaurant. There is an outdoor terrace with outstanding views. We were lucky enough to have a clear day for our luncheon. There is also indoor seating with plenty of windows. The food was very good, the family extremely pleasant and the prices were reasonable. A great experience

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pleasanton, California
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were with a group that hiked from Bellagio up to this restaurant. We were ready for a good lunch and we weren't disappointed. The brothers that run the restaurant had a cooking demonstration for us on the patio and then served us fresh cheeses, jelly and sparkling wine for the first course. We had 'Sunday' polenta, wild boar stew and fresh sausages. The views and the food were wonderful! The family patiently answered our questions about the food, their farm and the food preparation. The service was great. What a delightful way to spend the afternoon!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NJ, USA
“The view is amazing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This family of cooks, servers and driver are so warm and welcoming. From the minute he picked us up at the Post Office, he made us feel like family. He pointed out the different interesting sites along the way to the restaurant and told us about the farm. When we arrived and walked down to the restaurant located on the edge of the mountain, the view just took our breath away. To tell you the truth, I didn't really care about the food. I just wanted to stare at the view and sip my wine. The food was average, service was good and overall was a very pleasant experience. When we were done eating and summoned the driver, he very graciously took us back to town. For some reason, I just can't see the people in the NY/Metropolitan area that I live in doing anything of the sort. Bless them!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had the tasting menu for lunch today and it was exceptional and overly generous with fresh local food and many wonderful things I hadn't eaten before.The family were all friendly and there was a nice relaxed atmosphere. The view as reported is amazing and luckily today the weather was glorious which I am sure enhanced it. I got the restaurant's bus from Bellagio but many diners had walked there. Either way it is worth the effort. Suggest making a reservation which was done easily by email.