“Loved it - quiet location, comfortable and clean with great views” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Casa Allegra

Save Saved
You added La Casa Allegra to your Saves list
La Casa Allegra
Via Aureggio, 34, 20021 Bellagio, Italy   |
Paris
“Loved it - quiet location, comfortable and clean with great views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

I stayed here for 7 nights in August 2010 with my husband and 12-year-old son. Before we arrived I was a bit worried due to lack of TripAdvisor reviews (the apartment is new on the holiday rental market). I booked in early Spring by email to Mr Alessandro Sancassani, and he asked me to wire the deposit to an address in Milan. As soon as the money was received he sent me an email confirming the booking with the dates. We had to pay the balance on arrival. I note that a reviewer warns about a possible scam. We did not encounter any problems and Mr Sancassani always answered my emails promptly and gave me all the information I needed. I should add that I never asked for a written agreement once I sent the deposit since I got an email acknowledging receipt from Mr Sancassani.

The apartment is situated in a residential area, less than 10 minutes’ walk from the centre of Bellagio. It’s an uphill walk, but not too steep. It’s part of a complex of upscale apartment blocks. There’s no car park inside the complex, but it’s easy to get parking space in the free public car parks just outside. The owner, Mrs Boruso, lives in the same building and met us to hand over the keys and show us the flat, situated on the first floor. She was very friendly and helpful. The apartment is on two levels. Downstairs there’s a spacious living/dining room with a balcony and a fantastic view of the lake. There’s a table and chairs on the balcony and we had most of our meals here. At the other end of the living room is a kitchen corner equipped with a big American-type fridge, microwave oven, 4 burner gas-cooker and oven, and all necessary cooking utensils, dishes, crockery, cutlery, etc. (no dishwasher). There’s a small bedroom with a double bed where our son slept. There’s also a spacious bathroom with shower and loo. From the living room a spiral staircase leads upstairs to the main bedroom which is very spacious with a double bed, and two sofas which I believe can be converted into beds. Upstairs there is no bathroom or loo so one has to go downstairs for this. The apartment was very clean and pleasantly decorated, with lots of art. However, there is no air-conditioning. When we arrived there was a heat wave in Bellagio and the upstairs bedroom got quite hot as it was just under the roof. But there was a big fan which helped. It got cooler after a few days and we didn’t even need the fan.

The apartment is very conveniently located. The Bellagio Sporting Club (with a swimming pool, tennis courts and a fantastic restaurant) is less than 5 minutes’ walk from the apartment. There are also two supermarkets and a laundry nearby, as well as a very good pizzeria down the road. Bellagio itself is a beautiful village but rather quiet and deserted in the evenings. We enjoyed our stay at La Casa Allegra and would definitely choose the same apartment if we went back to Bellagio.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Princeville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

I contacted the "agent" about availability. Alessandro Sancassani replied that it was open for the desired dates and to wire 55 euros to another person at an address in Milan. This was not the amount of the deposit indicated in the listing. We requested a written agreement and one was emailed, but it had totally wrong dates. We requested a corrected agreement and we've heard nothing more, even after several attempts to contact him. There are at least 4 sites advertising this property, including a facebook page. Between all the sites, there are 3 different owners or contacts listed. There are multiple warnings on legitimate sites to be beware of owners requesting cashier checks, wire transfers, moneygram etc. as most legitimate owners accept a credit card or paypal. The place looks terrific, but it appears to be a scam.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
lacasaallegra, Direttore at La Casa Allegra, responded to this review, November 16, 2010
Are Sancassani Alessandro, manager of the apartment reservation La Casa Allegra (and husband of owner Anna Terruso). I think we need to make some details about your review. The first request of availability was received on 27/07/2010 and generated an exchange of e-mail until 06/08/2010. During these communications have been sent all the information about the apartment, references and how to book.
06/08/2010 Unfortunately we left for 7 days off (we do them) and I lost your last email, which is why I have not responded.
Then I have not received any communication or telephone them your e-mail.
Finally, as already mentioned in email contact our apartment is on many sites advertising (homelidays.com, atraveo, home away etc. ..) made payable to ALL Alessandro Sancassani or Anna Maria Terruso.

Been to La Casa Allegra? Share your experiences!