“Fantastic Value for Money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Borgo Le Terrazze

You added Borgo Le Terrazze to your Saves list
Borgo Le Terrazze
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Via Panoramica, 3 | Vergonese, 22021 Bellagio, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Bellagio B&B and Inns
London
“Fantastic Value for Money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

I was planning to take my girlfriend to Lake Como and after a lot of research, I realised that a vast majority of hotels in that area simply live from their location and were overdue for a refurbishment since about 1980. The Villa d'Este was too expensive and everything else had this old, tired look. Not that I don't like traditional decor, but there's a big difference between old and traditional. But between cool modern design and flowery wallpaper I will always pick the former.

So, eventually I ended up on tripadvisor and saw Borgo le Terrazze. I was quite worried as the rates seemed too cheap, but with a lack of alternatives I went ahead and booked it. When we arrived we were both very surprised. The first thing I always do in hotels is check out the bathroom. Limestone, top modern walk-in shower, top appliances. The room was a perfect size, even though Ionly managed to get a normal room at the time of booking. Ceiling to floor windows with a breathtaking view straight onto Lake Como. A little kitchen, flat screen TV, all in all simple but modern decor. Apart from the slightly naff curtains, the place could easily be in some Hip Hotel guide.

Then they have an amazing pool with an even more amazing view. The requirement of a deposit for a pool towel was slightly annoying, but in line with the no frills approach of the place. The staff was very friendly and helpful; clearly a small family run business. Underground parking is free (good luck trying to find any parking space in and around Bellagio!).

Given all of the above and taking into consideration the room rates, this place is simply amazing value for money. I really hope it will stay that way, as we're definitely planning to go back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

We arrived late at night to this amazing gem of a hotel. (Parking for our rental car was included, thankfully.) Travelling with my husband and two teenage daughters, we were were all thoroughly impressed. The building is new, spacious, airy, light, clean, fresh, and beautifully decorated. The grounds are beautiful as well. We had a family suite and it was very large with every ammenity we needed and more, modern bathroom with a huge tub, bedding so dreamy we slept until noon (unintentionally), and a charming private patio opening to a promenade with breathtaking views. Elena was incredibly kind and helpful. (Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to meet Valeria.) They have some delicious sandwiches and treats available to order...delicious gelato brought to us on our patio! Unfortunately, we didn't have time to experience the restaurant, but I have no doubt it would be fantastic. The shuttle to town was easy and convenient. The pool was absolutely wonderful!!!!! Everything about it was perfect, and the views were just indescribably spectacular. Mesmerizing. On top of all that, the price was amazingly reasonable! For the experience we had, I would have expected to pay at least twice what we paid. We will be back as soon as possible! Wow, wow, wow. Borgo Le Terrazze meets and exceeds what you expect based on the photos and descriptions.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

view is fantastic just outside of my living room window!
i should not go to other place to drive .
JUST to stay in the hotel FOR FEW DAYS WILL BE MUCH BETTER!
my balcony is really big(WITH GARDEN), i really enjoy SMOKING AND DRINKING WINE WITH FANTASTIC VIEW!
room is very big and clean .bathroom is huge and so modern design .
this hotel is very new ,CLEAN and staff is very friendly.
breakfast is very nice and

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
St. Gallen, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

It's definetely a magnificent place to be and a magnificent hotel to stay. The hotel team was very polite, the family restaurant nearby fantastic and the views from the balcony breathtaking! We would strongly recomend this hotel and we surely hope to visit it again soon in the future.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

We met up with our Aussie friends for a weekend with no children - what a treat we have found. This is comfortable accommodation to a fair price - such wonderful people and a million dollar view. I would go there anytime again.
Godwin family

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

Stayed for three nights at this beautiful resort a few kilometres out of Bellagio. You can catch the shuttle bus to and from Bellagio at specified times - but not after 9 p.m. Rooms have balconies and beautiful views, but we thought there were a few design features missing in such a swish place. For example, very limited storage and cupboard space; a shower which looked great but which I felt was very slippery and there was no rubber mat to prevent one from falling. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I booked this place based on TA reviews. While staying at Lake Como I wanted a comfortable place to relax and enjoy the scenery. The hotel is right on a bus route from Como to Bellagio. The hotel also offers a shuttle into Bellagio several times a day.

When I first arrived my jaw dropped to the ground. The view of the lake is absolutely stunning from this property, moreso than from properties down in Bellagion, because it is up on the hillside. I had a room with a balcony overlooking the lake and I was mesmerized by the mountains, the lake, the trees. You can see the town of Bellagio on the right and several of the towns across the lake as well.

The room is extremely spacious by Italian standards. The shower was the first one I had seen in 3 weeks in which I could turn around without bumping into the sides. (I am a size 8 person.) Everything is very modern. The hotel is less than 2 years old according to the owner. Breakfast was standard fare. The staff was extremely nice. The only down side might be a couple of small ergonomic issues--such as there is no shelf in the shower to put your soap/shampoo. Having a luggage rack might be nice--there is plenty of room to set one up. And a hairdryer (which I had found in some other hotels along the way.) But these are small issues, as they did not interfere with my enjoyment of my stay.

The price for a room here is less than in the bigger hotels in Bellagio, because it's up the hill from town. I think the view is superior here to what you get from the lakefront hotels in town, and you don't have to put up with all that noise from the ferries docking.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellagio
Hotel Belvedere Bellagio
Hotel La Perla
Hotel La Perla
#1 of 8 in Tremezzina
5.0 of 5 stars 571 reviews

Been to Borgo Le Terrazze? Share your experiences!