Having been blessed in my travel life to have been to the lake district of Italy, specifically, lake Como/ Bellagio three times, I think I'd know when I've reached the best view of the region. I found it at this wonderfully run smart hotel.
Having stayed at the Villa" this" and the Grand" that" in my prior journeys, I wanted to divert from the opulent (and pricey) and bring it down to reality and slightly more contemporary feel. Having just had an elaborate stay at a hotel in Switzerland, we wanted to bring our "fussy level" back down to a comfortable environment. I stumbled across this gem after getting the run around at other places as there were three of us traveling together ... most not allowing for a third in the room.
A more then accommodating reservation staff helped run through the room classes. Ranging from standards with balconies, or Deluxe rooms with a lovely terrace, some with lawn furniture. There are also mini suites with small kitchenettes if your travel style is mini apartment living. Point being, they have really designed this place with a little bit of something for everyone's travel style and budget,
Driving in from the ferry dock, I knew we had found the new favorite" go to" place just outside of bustle of Bellagio. Being just a short drive from town you'll wind your way down the lakeside to the hillside that Borgo Le Terrazze sits atop. Way off the main drag and spread out in a small village of buildings is your new home. Oleander and Jasmine planted on the hillside are the first signs that you found a pretty special spot. A large infinity type pool with amazing views confirms that your first impression was correct
.You'll stare at that view for days as we did and never get sick of it's beauty ! Keeping in mind that most everybody on lake Como is going to eventually make the pilgrimage to Bellagio, we felt oh so lucky to be on that gentle peaceful hillside just above town and just outside of the crowd. We had a car, but if you don't, fear not as the hotel runs a convenient shuttle van back and forth on a schedule.
The staff were absolutely charming and most helpful. From the very friendly owner's, to the front desk, to the breakfast/Bar. staff... everyone couldn't have been more kind. Keep in mind there is no full service restaurant or bar. They do however serve a quite sufficient and tasty breakfast buffet in the lounge or on the panoramic terrace. There is also a room service and a bar/ lunch menu available for you at all times. These services all run like a regular hotel should. Timely. Other then that ... Borgo Le Terrazze offer's 10 star views which you won't be finding at most other hotels around Lake Como.
The Italian Lake District can be known for it's "rustic" or "charming" or dare I say wacky accommodations unless your wallet is screaming to be emptied. This hotel is of new construction and just three years old , beautifully done ,and immaculately clean. That scent of Jasmine floating down the main corridor lingers long in my mind..and will until we return! Thank you Elena and Roberto.... It really was a wonderful experience !
Happiness is traveling to places like this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel and Residence Borgo Le Terrazze is located in Bellagio, Lake Como, on a hill which faces the Lake. Landscape is beautiful and relaxing, all rooms and apartments enjoy charming views onto Lake Como. Privacy and a quiet atmosphere come first, outdoors infinity swimming pool, indoors garage, wi fi and shuttle service to and from downtown do help to make your stay here relaxing and far from the crowds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Borgo Le Terrazze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borgo Le Terrazze Hotel Bellagio
- Borgo Le Terrazze Bellagio, Italy - Lake Como