“Very Nice, Except” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Chowder, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Italian-Mediterranean Kitchen; Lake and Sea Fish Specials.Please note:Terrazza Barchetta Restaurant is located at the first floor of the building, not to be confused with Ristoro Forma e Gusto (Restaurant-Pizzeria) at the ground floor: same property but different Kitchen, Gourmet Menu, Staff.Cucina Italiana-Mediterranea, Pesce di Lago e di MareNota Bene:"Ristorante Terrazza Barchetta" è situato al primo piano della struttura e non va confuso con "Ristoro Forma e Gusto" (Ristorante e Pizzeria) a piano terra: stessa proprieta' differente cucina, Menu'Gourmet , personale.
“Very Nice, Except”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I ate dinner here after a long day of touring Varenna and Menaggio. Hidden on one of the less travelled up the hill streets in Bellagio, we saw it was listed by Tripadvisor. There was only one couple at the restaurant, which usually makes me concerned, but it was late on Sunday night. The GM, Mr. Salvadereri, seated us and was ever so pleasant to us. Since no one was there, he devoted his attention to us and answered questions on cooking and his travels. He has a friend that had a restaurant in Santa Monica, CA and my cousin lives there and I emailed him and he knew of it and it was a great Italian restaurant he said. The carbonera spaghetti my wife had was oooooooooooooooooh so good. I had the house specialty of the day, swordfish and the sauce was a little toooooooooooooo salfy for me, and I like salt, therefore the except. The soup I had was great, soooooooooooooooo tasty. The dessert was delicious, sambione, the chef came out and told us how he prepared the dessert, which made this a memorable evening on our last night in Bellagio. I would recommend the restaurant, not cheap, but the people and food are really great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mission Viejo, California
“Very poor experience - walked out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Let me preface this review by saying, I'm writing about 20 reviews on Trip Advisor for my 2 week trip to Italy and all of them will be 4 or 5 star ratings. I'm not a complainer. This was one of two Rick Steve's recommendations of 'where to eat' in Bellagio so we decided to give it a try.

We walked upstairs and there were two tables for 4 left (we were a party of 4). We pointed to the table in the middle of the restaurant vs. the one right by the kitchen that would have had waiters brushing up against two of our chairs all night on their trips back and forth to the kitchen. The host insisted we sit by the kitchen, even when I suggested that we preferred the middle table. He said that he was hoping he could 'sell' that other table to 2 parties of 2 - as the table by the kitchen couldn't be broken into that configuration. We weren't getting anywhere with our request, so we sat down at the table by the kitchen.

They no sooner gave us our menus than a party of 3 ladies walked up. The host looked around and saw he had no other option and sat them at the table we had asked for. When he walked back our way, I said, "Why did you just sit them there when 2 minutes ago you wouldn't sit us there?" He said, "I was hoping a party two parties of 2 would come up, but since none came, I decided to sit them there." His rude response and desire to squeak every dollar out of every seat in the place, left a bad taste in our mouths. We couldn't see sitting there the rest of the night and paying their higher than average prices - even if their food is highly rated. We got up and left. Other patrons around us said, "We don't blame you, it's very rude what he did to your party."

Bottom line, there are PLENTY of other excellent places to eat in Bellagio at a better value who don't put $$ ahead of good customer service. When I asked a local about this place (prior to going there), they said the food is good but it's way overpriced. Be warned.

Nerja
“value for money...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

as they do not have a covercharge at lunchtime....might have to wait a few minutes for a free table at lunchtime..enjoy

Visited October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Twice in three days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

While walking around Bellagio on our first night, kept looking out for an interesting menu and came across it at Terrazza Barchetta, we loved the food it was not your typical pasta an pizza restaurant, it covered all areas from the basic pastas to sea food, red meat, white meat and great deserts.

Visited October 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Perfect Little Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I were in Bellagio for three days in mid September 2012. We happened upon this restaurant one evening. We both ordered pizza and wine. Very well prepared. We went back two more times. I had a fish dinner and my husband had lasagna. Also well prepared. The same with the last evening. The service is friendly and helpful. The restuarant had a mix of tourists and locals. Quite popular. There is outside seating, a small bar that you can sit on the outside also. Nice atmosphere inside.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere