“Small cave like wine bar/restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 62 Restaurants in Bellagio
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
va beach va
“Small cave like wine bar/restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Great wine and dinner. We were there on a very busy night…had stopped by for a reservation so there was a table waiting for us. We had light fare but enjoyed this place…different!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Great Spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stopped here for lunch. Wonderful selection of both light and hearty. Wine room and selection is incredible. The staff is super friendly and knowledgeable about wine. Loved it.

Bath, England, United Kingdom
“Welcoming and unpretentious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

What a find Aperitivo is - I had researched suitable restaurants for our Italian Lakes trip, and wanted to visit Bellagio of course. Aperitivo came out on top for very good reasons! All those good reviews were well founded - delightful owners (one Scottish, one Italian) who immediately impressed with their friendliness and expert service. Had a superb simple lunch of salads, breads and parma ham (freshest we have ever tasted) and a glass (or two!) each of wine that we savoured. Superb. It is primarily a wine bar in the evening, and he sure does know his wines. So good was it that we decided we must go again before we leave, and as it was my husband's birthday, they surprised us with a piece of chocolate cake (gooey and warm - delish) topped with a candle! How delightful is that? When we go back, it will be here that we have lunch once again. It may not have a garden, views or outside space, but the atmospheric vaulted interior is all you need with your glass of vino! Do visit - it's at the top of the main steps leading up from the waterfront.

Fort Wayne
“Fantastic Never Say Never Experience in Bellagio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had a crazy entree into Italy...a long flight from the West Coast left us wiped out...when we were coming to the train stop in Varenna, all I could think about was the one part of the Rick Steves book(I am now convinced was targeted towards the more cautious, middle of the road traveler) where he says to watch out because the train may stop past the platform and not stay stopped very long and you could get stuck going to the next stop...so setting the scene, we were both tired, worried to miss the opportunity to disembark..and I did a stupid thing. I left behind my saxophone on the train. I didn't realize it until we had walked all the way down to the ferry. I couldn't believe it. With no one at the train station(unattended station), and the train on its way to Switzerland, and a shady looking dude the only one left in our car, I thought for sure that my horn is gone. I couldn't believe it. It was as if someone had cut off my hand. As i got on the ferry to go to Bellagio with my wife, I told the ferry captain in charge, Luciano(I believe that is his name). He took my phone number. We when to our B&B(Il Borgo) and told our landlord, Flavio, the story. We looked up on TripAdvisor and saw horror stories about people who had lost their luggage on Italian trains. Not a one had been successful in getting anything back. Whats worse is that the Italian train system apparently doesn't have a lost and found. I am not sure about this, it is just what I read and what was reflected in the numbers of fine Italians that attempted to help me. We sank into a bar trying to put on a happy face and enjoy our vacation. It was a joke. We were both miserable. The bar we went to was Aperitvo across from a great little restaurant Steves writes about(San Giacomo). The head sommelier, Franco not only spoken English very well, he was an excellent waiter and knew exactly what to recommend. The wine was reasonable considering this is a resort destination and the quality was excellent. After a glass or two, I told Franco of what had happened to my sax. He immediately got on the phone and began to call Trentitalia or whoever the train line was and started asking questions. Moments and several phone calls later he came to me with a number to call and a name of someone to speak to. He said that there was a way to find it if it had not been stolen off the train. We were elated. We had lost all hope and now we had a glimmer. We sat and drank some more and then had dinner. Later when we went to leave, Franco gave us our bill minus a round of wine. He said that he could tell we were both utterly depressed and that he wanted to do us a small kindness. He said if we found the horn to come back and celebrate. Which we did. Because later when we returned to our apartment, Luciano, from the ferry, had left me a message. He knew a policeman on the train. He had called him and talked to him and the policeman grabbed the horn and sent it back to Varenna. Luciano was holding it in his hands as we spoke. I was completely floored. We began to cry it was so emotional. It was as if an angel was looking down and said that there was more music for us to make together. I will never forget it. We went back to Aperitivo the next night and met Franco's wife Jay...and drank some wonderful wine and re-began our vacation on the right foot...

Edinburgh
“Good Food, Good Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Visited Aperitivo et al on the last of a four night visit to Bellagio and would have visited more if we'd known it was this good.
We had passed previously and looked through the door but this view does not do it justice, inside is very smart indeed.
My wife and daughter opted for pasta and both agreed it was excellent, I opted for cold cuts to start followed by lasagne, again very good.
Food and wine very reasonably priced and staff friendly and efficient, I have no hesitation in recommending Aperitivo et al.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere