My wife and I ate at this restaurant this evening (May 11th). We walked from Bellagio - a little bit of a walk through a 200m section of a busy narrow road. Once through it we descended into the quiet village of Loppia where the restaurant has a lakeside location. You can eat inside or out. We in the beautiful outdoor seating beside the moored fishing boats.
We were greater by three friendly professional wait staff.
We were allowed to order or meal bit by bit to relax and enjoy the atmosphere.
- antipasti: cod and eggplant puri salad - fantastic - cod was warm
- primi - homemade pasta ( white and black) with mussels and clams shelled in a broth - fantastic
- secondi - my wife had lamb - roast, sliced, with a mustard parcely crust on a bead of roasted vegetables (potatoe, carrot and zucchini) - I had sliced roast pork on the bed of vegetables.
- wine we ordered by the glass included the Montepulciano red and a nice Chardonnay
- the restaurant treated us to a Brut sparkling wine to start; eggplant parmesan pâté drizzled with olive oil; excellent bread (above average); and desert plate to share - a sampler platter of delicious bite-size sweets.
The service was execellent - attentive - helpful - friendly - and timely when appropriate.
The bill was 88 euro.
This is likely the beat meal we have had in our two weeks in Italy - eating quite well in Rome, Amalfi, Tuscany, and Florence - certainly we have our favorite place in each city.
When you visit Bellagio my opinion is you should try this restaurant!
If you own or manage Alle Darsene di loppia, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.