We had a slight problem with a delay in the hotel charging my credit card, which resulted in a slight increase in the cost. To make up for this they offered to upgrade us to a "Privilege" top floor room with good views, free mini bar with water and soft drinks and nice bath robes with a pod coffee maker. They offered this months before we went, but honoured their promise and upgraded all three rooms we had booked. There are tea and coffee makers, nice toiletries and hairdryers in all the rooms which saves carrying them when you are trying to keep the weight of your case down!
The Hotel has a central location, easy to access from the inexpensive airport shuttle bus and is near the main station, making trips to Milan and Lakes quite straightforward.
We booked breakfast which was good, but with a much bigger cold selection of food. The hot food was fairly limited. We certainly didn't go hungry.
All the staff were very pleasant and helped us out, recommending and booking restaurants. The staff were really friendly in the breakfast area and kept it well stocked and the tables cleared and always took the time to tell us to enjoy our day as we were leaving. This is in contrast to many hotels where the breakfast staff are harassed and as a result not very helpful.
We couldn't get the wi-fi in our rooms to work very well, there is also some building work going on nearby, but we didn't find it intrusive.
There is a good supermarket next door and a nice bar almost outside the hotel, where you can eat nice appetisers free if you buy a drink in the early evening. This "apperitivo" ( free nibbles) is available in lots of bars in the early evening. There is also a nice restaurant across the road which sells a great range of ice creams and nice food with very helpful staff.
Every second Thursday night Bergamo has a big street party, where they have DJ's playing music, tented food stalls and bars, a latin american dance studio had everyone up dancing and there was a bouncy Titanic (Yes!) for children. This was not far from the hotel and It was really fun and gave the place a real buzz..
We also liked the fact that checkout wasn't until 12 o'clock. All 6 of us would certainly go back to this hotel if returning to Bergamo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star hotel offering 88 rooms equipped with all comfort. The Hotel is located in the city centre of Bergamo (40 km far from Milan) opposite the "Papa Giovanni Congress Center" and near the "Donizetti Theatre", 300 meters from the railway station. The bus station with direct services to Bergamo airport is next to hotel. The Mercure hotel features a bar and facilities for disabled people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Venere, ACCOR, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Mercure Bergamo Palazzo Dolci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Bergamo Palazzo Dolci Hotel Bergamo
- Accor Bergamo Palazzo Dolci