“Best hotel in Italy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 34 hotels in Bergamo
Rovinj, Croatia
“Best hotel in Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We came across this hotel late at night because we needed a last minute room. It was incredible. Everything you could possibly want plus more. Such a beautiful hotel.

Weekday prices are unfortunately more than on the weekend.

The staff on reception were lovely

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel.
It has a tremedous location in the town, a perfect place to live if you want to stay central!
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The room was clean and big with a delicious style. Light and fresh, and seemed to have been newly refurbished.
It was a lot of things like soap, toothbrush, cotton, shoercream, lotion etc in the bathroom, and as a lady - I like that ;)
The room was cleaned every dag.
It was a quiet hotel - we had our room with the windows against the backyard.

The hotel had both restaurant and Spa. I got a very nice body massage - 1 hour= 60 Euro.
And if you descide to eat at the restaurant : Please try the tiramisu: The best dessert EVER!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Let me start by saying for those that are contemplating about visiting the area, I high suggest visiting the city of Bergamo. Aside from being a clean city, it offers many historic sites. Plus, it’s only a 50 minute train ride from Milano Centrale. It is definitely a little town that offers travelers eye candy of ancient sites as well as a very pleasant little town to stay for a couple of days.

Now for the hotel review. This hotel will beat any 4 star hotels in Milan. I really don’t know why this establishment has only a 3 star rating, but personally I feel it is a definitely 4+ star quality. Where to begin? The hotel location is a short 10 minute walk from the Bergamo train station. It is very well located for convenience of shopping, transportation, and restaurants. Unlike 99.9% of hotels in Italy, everyone at the hotel is very friendly and willing to help for any issues you may have. Including the breakfast attendants and bartenders are all very friendly and professional. Did I mention they actually greet you with a smile? The management at this hotel definitely will get 5 stars for service.

I had a single room on the 4th floor. Again, unlike many hotels in Italy the elevator at this hotel was big enough to fit 2 of my large suitcases and 2 other people. It’s a huge contrast from the hotel I came from Rome. My hotel did not have a balcony or an actual window per say. It only had an window on top of the ceiling that can be open by remote. I guess this is the only down side to my room, but it did not bother me that much not able to have a view.

The room is fantastic! Quite large for Italian standard. The duvet cover was very welcoming and comfortable. My room seemed very well kept and clean. Bathroom was equally impressive with many, many amenities that one can imagine. Once again, even the 4 star hotels do not offer such wide range of amenities. Everything worked as expected. Another surprise was aside from the standard safe, the hotel also offer a separate drawer with a key. I could easily fit my laptop and iPad in it when I leave my room. I didn’t use the TV as I worked mostly from my laptop and browsed the internet from my iPad. My rate also included Wifi. I believe it is free. Breakfast was good as well. The offer many cold meat and wide variety of bread to choose from. Upon leaving the hotel, the bus stop is just around the corner from the hotel to take me to the airport.

What a wonderful and surprise gem this is! I will most definitely return to this hotel for my future business trips within this area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised.

For me the location was perfect. Close to the bus stops for the airport bus and a 10minute walk to the train station (from where you can catch the train to Milan & Venice).

My room was very quiet and I slept very well. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was sparkling clean.

I was slightly disappointed with the breakfast but as it was included in my hotel rate I didn't mind.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dresden, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

This was the third hotel we stayed in on our visit to the area and it was by far the cleanest, with crisp white bed linens, and a sparkling bathroom with great toiletries, and what a great mattress! I got the best sleep in this hotel. Great location especially if taking a visit to the old city, we were able to park up outside and parking was fee for the weekend.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

A great location in the heart of the lower city but within 10 minutes of the old town. Very helpful and friendly staff, well decorated and comfortable public areas and amazing wine dispensers in the bar! Rooms perhaps not quite up to the standard of the public areas, but clean and comfortable. Car parking available but expensive at €15 a night. Taverna Valtellinese is just round the corner too, and is a must-visit...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Emmen,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

I stayed here for one night, booked by my Supplier. This hotel is meeting all my minimum requirements for comfortable stay: a. good soft matras for sleeping. b. lots of acessoires in bathroom: toothbrush+paste, comb, handshaver..... no need to bring your own toiletbag, like I recently was unpleasant surprised in 5* Crown plaza and Marriot in other European cities. c. good breakfast with lots of variaties. d. good internet connection (although not on room...but in special next to lobby wifi-room). On top, the staf was very helpful, and I received a voucher for taking consumption for free between 6 and 8 pm. Have nothing to add to this excellent hotel. If to mentione one downside-element......it is the parking of your car (if you come by car). In front of the hotel you can't park on daytime, since it is max 1hour "blue zone". The parking services in the naberhood all close at about 7Pm and re-open at approx 9am. I was advised to move my car just before 7PM to the front of hotel (Blue zone free from 7pm-9am); the only point is that the number of parking space is very limited.... so you are lucky when catching a space. Would certainly stay this hotel again when in the naberhood

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Arli Hotel? Share your experiences!