“A nice Sicilian cousine trattoria in Bergamo” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mille Voglie di Sicilia
Via Corridoni 83, Bergamo, Italy (Formerly di Crisafulli Maurizio)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #214 of 418 restaurants in Bergamo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bergamo
“A nice Sicilian cousine trattoria in Bergamo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I and my girlfriend went to this restaurant after some friends of mine told me a lot of positive things about it. First of all: this is a Sicilian restaurant and all of us, despite living and working in BG, are from Sicily or at least have a Sicilian background :)

The place is very small and brand new. It would be perfect if only they didn't play the FM Radio and have this strong illumination...not a big deal, as that's the same in almost any other place in town (and Italy?), but let me just give some one advice to the owner: have some friend make a nice soundtrack-CD (jazz maybe?) to play on the stereo and put off the lights a bit..it will improve the atmosphere!

We were the only two customers on a late weekday evening and we've been warmly welcomed by the friendly and smiley staff.

We ordered two "primi" (pasta alla norma and risotto ai frutti di mare); a portion of fried flying squids (totani impanati fritti); some "caponata". We were offered one "arancino" for free to start the meal and it was pretty good!
The primi: I don't know about the "pasta alla norma" which was chosen by my gf, but my risotto was very good and "honest" in terms of quantity. The "totani" were also good, the only thing we didn't like was the caponata...the vegetables in there were not really 1st quality.

In addition we had some (low-budget) wine, water, coffee and limoncello (prob. home made). We paid 15 euros per person. It is not cheap, but given the good quality and quantity of the primi, it seemed to us a reasonable price for Bergamo's standard.

To sum up: good food, good recipes, nice staff, something could have been improved, however still better than BG's average, I will come back.

• Visited September 2011