“No problems at all” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“No problems at all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Had a three night break here to attend the Italian Grand Prix. The hotel was absolutely fine apart from no wifi signal in my room. That was a pain but not the end of the world as we were so busy for the weekend. If Id been on business it would have meant a room change.

Hotel is very clean, no noise at all and great sleep everynight. As other reviews state its in a central location. It might not be the worlds most romantic location is Citta Bassa, but Alta makes up for it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
BWCappellodOro, Marina- Sales & Marketing Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Cappello d'Oro, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Bax52,

thanks for your review.

I am sorry the signal of the wifi was not good during your stay, we will check this.

I hope you will come back again to Bergamo and if you need romance do not worry, we can arrange something romantic for you!

Marina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Polish first
Moira, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights recently in one of their very reasonably priced suites. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. I have paid lots more to stay in much much less luxury. The location is great for exploring the Citta Alta with the furnicular railway just up the road.
Wonderfully clean and welcoming. I would recommend it without any quibbles at all. I had a very late check in at 1am and the staff were really good about it. I never had a chance to try out the fitness suite this time around but I guess it is up to the same standard as the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DeeFromMoira,

thanks for your review, your opinion is very important for us.

We are always trying do our best for our guests and I really appreciate your comments.

I hope you will come again in our hotel,
See you in Bergamo!

west yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Enjoyed our stay at the Cappello d'Ora it ws in a great area for shopping,restaurants cafes and bars.It was equal distances for the Citta Alta and it's funicular to the left of the hotel and to the right was the tourist information(very helpful) and train and bus stations.
The hotel was kept beautifully clean,both rooms and all areas.Breakfast had a good selection of foods and good coffee.Can't wait for my next trip!
In addtion to Bergamo itself,Milan is easy to reach by rail and Sarnico on Lake Iseo was lovely,the bus took an hour from the bus station.The views on the later part of the trip to Sarnico were fantastic--vineyards as far as the eye could see!
Good restaurants to visit in Bergamo are Bruschetta(out of the front door and turn right it is just at the end of the block) and Caprese(left out of the door and on to 2nd traffic lights,turn left and on RH side of road turn right on Via Crispi,Caprese is just down to the left at the top of the road)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Farthews,
thank you for describing so well your stay in our hotel, I am very happy to learn that you are completely satisfied with it.

I hope that next time you will have the chance to try also our restaurant, it is absolutely unmissable!

We are awaiting to welcome you again in our hotel!
See you soon,

Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Have stayed here 3/4 times and have always been impressed. It is in a great location,very clean and the staff are helpful. Breakfast is very good and overall the hotel is extremely reasonably priced for the quality.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Smeegalteam,

it was really a pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel.

I am happy to read your satisfaction with your stay and I hope to see you again in our hotel!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This hotel is recommended when you want to visit Bergamo and like to stay really close to the shopping area. The hotel is located in the middle of it. The hotel is a good middle class hotel. Rooms are clean and well maintained although not totally up to the most modern standards. Rooms are somewhat little and it is recommended even when you are alone to book a double room. The nice atmosphere and the friendly and professional staff however compensate. Service is at a good level and the staff speak the languages well. Great breakfast buffet in the beautiful breakfast room. There is no restaurant but there are many in the direct neighbourhood. a Nice bar is at your disposal. The hotel gives you a feeling of luxury immediately when you enter the nice lobby and it is cosy. You will feel at home. All in all a good choice for both the businessman and the tourist.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Erik,

thank you very much for your review.

I am very happy you like your stay in our hotel; concerning accomodation, we have diffent types of rooms and of course they have different sizes, the single room is a room for one person therefore spaces are less than the double room has got.

We have a restaurant, it is called Antico Ristorante del Moro and it is situated exactly where you took breakfast, you can try it on your next visit!

I hope you will come back to visit us!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The hotel is friendly, facilities are really good and it's in a convenient location for the modern centre and with good access to the historic centre of Bergamo. Very close to the bus stop from Orio Al Serio airport. Rooms are very well-equipped with tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, TV, free wi-fi, etc. Breakfasts were ample and tasty. There is a restaurant where a good meal could be had for a reasonable price. We would return without hesitation!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
BWCappellodOro, Marina- Sales & Marketing Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Cappello d'Oro, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Jack,

thank you for your positive review. We are very happy to learn that you had a nice stay and I really hope that you will be back in our hotel in the nearest future.

thanks again and see you in Bergamo!
DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

A difficult review to write because: this was the only 4-star hotel that I stayed in on a recent 9 day trip to Italy (I'd been in 3 and 2 stars), but it was the worst of the four hotels of my trip. So that's why I've given it a so-so rating even though it was fine. The room was big, huge bathroom, with all the fixtures new, great plumbing. My biggest complaint is that the air conditioning / fan unit was noisy -- a fast click click click sound - bad enough to wake me up when it came on. The desk person was friendly and I'm sure would have given us another room, but when you are tired, have unpacked and it's midnight, and you're leaving at 6 am, well you don't want to move. She had offerred to move us earlier because the Wi-Fi was not suitable in the room (another problem), but we just used it from the lobby where the signal was stronger. Another irony is that while it was the only 4-star hotel stayed at on the trip, it was actually the cheapest per night (a bit misleading since one of the other hotels provided two meals per day). But my point is that if you get a weekend bargain deal, then you might want to stay here even with the problems that I had. Location is good in the new town, a pleasant 15 minute walk can take you to the funicular to get to the old town. I would also complain that the place is difficult to find because the street signs directing you to the hotel peter out before you're really there, leaving you two or three blocks short and not on the exact street. So stick with directions that you get from google maps and as of now (in July 2012) there is wooden scaffolding all over the exterior which makes it even more difficult to find the hotel -- use the scaffolding to find it. Also as another reviewer said, they gave us a complimentary bottle of wine. So it's good as long as you don't pay too much and I think I was probably a bit unlucky with the WiFi and fan noise in my particular room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
BWCappellodOro, Marina- Sales & Marketing Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Cappello d'Oro, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Bob,

thanks for your review.
I am sorry you experienced a problem with your room and we would have surely changed you the room to solve this quickly.

Unfortunately concerning the wooden scaffolding in front of us this is a refurbishement of the building next door so we can only wait september, when they are supposed to finish everything.

It doesn't matter if you pay full price or buy a promotion, each guest for us is important and has the right to have the best experience.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again and please inform me because I will personally take care of your future stay.

Marina

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Cappello d'Oro? Share your experiences!