“Great hotel-very reasonably priced.” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 30%
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Bergamo
GreenLeadersGold level
Scotland
“Great hotel-very reasonably priced.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Have stayed here 3/4 times and have always been impressed. It is in a great location,very clean and the staff are helpful. Breakfast is very good and overall the hotel is extremely reasonably priced for the quality.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BWCappellodOro, Marina- Sales & Marketing Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Cappello d'Oro, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Smeegalteam,

it was really a pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel.

I am happy to read your satisfaction with your stay and I hope to see you again in our hotel!

Marina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This hotel is recommended when you want to visit Bergamo and like to stay really close to the shopping area. The hotel is located in the middle of it. The hotel is a good middle class hotel. Rooms are clean and well maintained although not totally up to the most modern standards. Rooms are somewhat little and it is recommended even when you are alone to book a double room. The nice atmosphere and the friendly and professional staff however compensate. Service is at a good level and the staff speak the languages well. Great breakfast buffet in the beautiful breakfast room. There is no restaurant but there are many in the direct neighbourhood. a Nice bar is at your disposal. The hotel gives you a feeling of luxury immediately when you enter the nice lobby and it is cosy. You will feel at home. All in all a good choice for both the businessman and the tourist.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Erik,

thank you very much for your review.

I am very happy you like your stay in our hotel; concerning accomodation, we have diffent types of rooms and of course they have different sizes, the single room is a room for one person therefore spaces are less than the double room has got.

We have a restaurant, it is called Antico Ristorante del Moro and it is situated exactly where you took breakfast, you can try it on your next visit!

I hope you will come back to visit us!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The hotel is friendly, facilities are really good and it's in a convenient location for the modern centre and with good access to the historic centre of Bergamo. Very close to the bus stop from Orio Al Serio airport. Rooms are very well-equipped with tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, TV, free wi-fi, etc. Breakfasts were ample and tasty. There is a restaurant where a good meal could be had for a reasonable price. We would return without hesitation!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
BWCappellodOro, Marina- Sales & Marketing Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Cappello d'Oro, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Jack,

thank you for your positive review. We are very happy to learn that you had a nice stay and I really hope that you will be back in our hotel in the nearest future.

thanks again and see you in Bergamo!
DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

A difficult review to write because: this was the only 4-star hotel that I stayed in on a recent 9 day trip to Italy (I'd been in 3 and 2 stars), but it was the worst of the four hotels of my trip. So that's why I've given it a so-so rating even though it was fine. The room was big, huge bathroom, with all the fixtures new, great plumbing. My biggest complaint is that the air conditioning / fan unit was noisy -- a fast click click click sound - bad enough to wake me up when it came on. The desk person was friendly and I'm sure would have given us another room, but when you are tired, have unpacked and it's midnight, and you're leaving at 6 am, well you don't want to move. She had offerred to move us earlier because the Wi-Fi was not suitable in the room (another problem), but we just used it from the lobby where the signal was stronger. Another irony is that while it was the only 4-star hotel stayed at on the trip, it was actually the cheapest per night (a bit misleading since one of the other hotels provided two meals per day). But my point is that if you get a weekend bargain deal, then you might want to stay here even with the problems that I had. Location is good in the new town, a pleasant 15 minute walk can take you to the funicular to get to the old town. I would also complain that the place is difficult to find because the street signs directing you to the hotel peter out before you're really there, leaving you two or three blocks short and not on the exact street. So stick with directions that you get from google maps and as of now (in July 2012) there is wooden scaffolding all over the exterior which makes it even more difficult to find the hotel -- use the scaffolding to find it. Also as another reviewer said, they gave us a complimentary bottle of wine. So it's good as long as you don't pay too much and I think I was probably a bit unlucky with the WiFi and fan noise in my particular room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
BWCappellodOro, Marina- Sales & Marketing Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Cappello d'Oro, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Bob,

thanks for your review.
I am sorry you experienced a problem with your room and we would have surely changed you the room to solve this quickly.

Unfortunately concerning the wooden scaffolding in front of us this is a refurbishement of the building next door so we can only wait september, when they are supposed to finish everything.

It doesn't matter if you pay full price or buy a promotion, each guest for us is important and has the right to have the best experience.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again and please inform me because I will personally take care of your future stay.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in June 2009. This was the first hotel in our 3 week Italy vacation that was like an American Hotel. Rooms were large. We had booked 3 rooms and each room had a complimentary bottle of wine. The breakfast buffe was very good. Most all the breakfasts in Italy were good. The front desk staff were always friendly. We had a bit of a hard time finding the hotel but not because of it's location. Just our GPS giving bad directions. Glad that it had a parking lot. The town of Bergamo is very nice especially the Alta Bergamo. What a gem. This hotel was the best in our Italy vacation. Hope to return there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Js5,

thanks for your review, we are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

From 2009 up to now our offer is even better, for example now we have a biological and a baby corner at breakfast; we have also completely refurbished our fitness and sauna space, we have created an open summer bar called "chillin" on the terrace and many, many other news that you can easily check on our website!

I hope you will be so curious to personally check all this changes and let me know what you think about it!

Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The best thing about the Cappello d' Oro is the breakfast. It included a variety of fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals, breads, eggs (scrambled or boiled), bacon, sausage, beans, tomatoes, cheeses, cold cuts, great coffee, juices, and friendly service. The worse thing was the rude front desk personnel. When we checked in we inquired about our pre-booked parking space, the front desk lady told us we did not have a space reserved even before checking her records. It wasn't until we showed her a copy of the Hotel's confirmation (which I had on my I-phone) of the parking reservation that the front desk attendant finally acknowledged that she was wrong. Before that she was rude and didn't believe us, what was worse is that she wouldn't even check her records! The bellman was also not helpful, he didn't even help with our luggage, he just stood and watched us unload our luggage. On another positive note, the rooms were small but clean. I would not stay there again, its not worth the headache of dealing with rude front desk personnel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mrs Ramirez,
first of all thanks for your review concerning your stay in our hotel.

I really do not know what happened on arrival with our reception staff, I think there has been probably a misunderstanding but anyway if you have felt a "rude" attitude please accept my apologize.

Due to the fact that you enjoyed our breakfast and you like the room, I hope you will give us another chance to welcome you and in this occasion I would like to meet you to be sure that you are completely satisfied.

Best regards,
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is a really good hotel. We had a lovely quiet room with plenty of space for three of us. The beds were very comfortable and I could choose from the 'pillow menu' when I asked for extra pillows! We were provided with bath robes and a complimentary bottle of wine in the room as well. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was excellent with a very good choice.
I would thoroughly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Marina- Sales & Marketing Manager alle BEST WESTERN PREMIER Cappello d'Oro at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Cappello d'Oro, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear YorkshireFigaro,
I want to thank you for your nice review concerning your stay in our hotel.
We are working strongly to ensure that each guest is satisfied and happy during his stay.

We hope to welcome you again in Bergamo,
Marina

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Cappello d'Oro? Share your experiences!