“design boutique hotel, exactly where it should be!” 5 of 5 stars

Petronilla Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via San Lazzaro 4, 24122 Bergamo, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 34 hotels in Bergamo
Thessaloniki, Greece
“design boutique hotel, exactly where it should be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We flew to Bergamo for a weekend in December. We had heard of Petronilla from friends who had been there before and of course we had read the reviews on trip advisor. Everything is true.
The staff is polite and helpful. They even prepared a special breakfast for us because our flight left really early in the morning. The rooms are clean,comfortable and the decorator combined modern furniture with clasic pieces. The locacation is perfect, right next to the pedestrian area.
Everything was excellent!!! Thank you for lovely weekend.

• Stayed December 2012

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Within 10 minutes of booking I received a personal email from Uta welcoming to the Hotel and asking if I had any special needs. I informed her I was traveling down for a meeting and bringing my 11 year old daughter as a special treat ...so she could see Italy. Within minutes Uta responded back stating she picked out a special room that my daughter would love. Upon arrival we were greeted with a warm welcome and showed up to an extremely clean and modern room. After a long day, we quickly went down to the small bar to get a drink and Uta sensing my daughter was hungry went to the kitchen and rounded up some quick snacks. A memorable experience and we will be back! Tip...try Cafe Donasti for the best Pizza and ambience

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We loved it!
Great personal service, and cool design on the rooms!
Situated in a quiet street, it was real cozy.

Breakfast bufet was small, but realy impressive.
Sometimes small is better :)

We are deffinatly comming back!

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Zuienkerke, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We had a very nice stay in this hotel. You get a warm welcome, the rooms are original and modern. Bathroom with nice shower. Perhaps ask a room at heigher level or backside, because at night it can be some noisy on the street in front. The breakfast is original with fresh fruit juice, fresh fruit, and realy a nice choice of ....nice things :-) We also arrived late from our restaurant at the hotel, and the person in the hotel served us still a nice drink at the bar with the smile !! So when I come back in Bergamo, I certainly will stay at this hotel ! And the location is perfect at the city centre.

Room Tip: At the back side or higher level, it can be noisy in the street in front.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel looks nothing from the outside but certainly makes up for it inside. We only stayed here for 1 night - which makes me want to go back for longer to enjoy the experience all over again. The staff are so lovely and helpful - if you want to know where to go for a delicious dinner just ask at reception. We had spent 4 nights in Milan but the best meal we had by far was the meal in Bergamo, the fact that it was also the cheapest was an added bonus. This is a beautiful city - I would definitely recommend that you walk up the steep hill to the old city and enjoy the atmosphere and views. There are lovely restaurants and bars in the square for you to relax and indulge yourself with some wine or beer! Back to the hotel - the rooms are lovely, all mod cons at your fingertips. It is a very quiet hotel, we had a night cap in the garden which was lovely. Breakfast was delicious with a great selection of fresh fruits, yoghurts, cold meats, cheeses, smoked salmon, freshly ground coffee - what more could you possibly want? I would highly recommend this hotel - when I go back to Milan I would stay here the whole time and commute to Milan city to do the sightseeing stuff. Bergamo is far more beautiful - I can't wait to go back :-)

Room Tip: There are only 12 rooms here - I'm sure every one of them is gorgeous!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My daughter and I spent two nights in the Petronilla hotel. We booked a twin room, we got one on the 3rd floor with a view of the buildings opposite. The hotel is situated a little out of the way for most of the good restaurants ( although v close to Al Vecchio Tagliare which is excellent) and close to the shopping streets in the Citta Bassa. The room was very clean and well appointed with a lovely bathroom with rain water shower. Breakfast was very good with fresh fruit, lots of good juice and coffee and the usual prosciutto and cheese, fresh bread and an assortment of cakes. The staff were very helpful and friendly. So why a little disappointed? Well I thought the room was overpriced at €210 per night, I prefer to stay near the Citta Alta when in Bergamo, the hot tub and sauna were not in service ( I didn't ask why but I expect it was because the hotel was not busy) and we have stayed in about 14 hotels / apartments in Bergamo and the Petronilla would not be in my top 3. For the record we love love love La Valletta and the Gombit is perfectly located and a nice place to stay for the Citta Alta and San Vigilio. The San Marco is conveniently located for both the Citta Alta and Bassa and is great value off season at our rate of €120 per night for a superior 7th floor room with balcony and wonderful view of the Citta Alta.

• Stayed November 2012
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Uta , the manager, was wonderful from beginning to end. She gave us very clear driving directions and we were able to park right in front of the hotel at no cost. The hotel is located about a 20 minute walk from the funicular going to the Citta' Alta ( easy walk and necessary after eating all the good food!) and right around the corner from fabulous shopping. It's a great locatin to see both Bergamot and the surrounding areas. Rooms were quiet even with windows open. Bathrooms are quite large and beautiful. Bed was very comfortable. Decor is contemporary. Oh, and the breakfast is delicious! Loved the homemade yogurt. We stayed 3 nights and we would definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Petronilla Hotel? Share your experiences!