A long overdue review as we stayed in a double room for 5 nights last August. Communication with this hotel prior to our stay was excellent in our request for a quiet room. Our room was indeed quiet away from the road side and overlooking the gardens. The hotel has lots of spaces to sit down and relax in. We found the staff to be polite but not overly warm or friendly and definitely not the concierge at breakfast time. He was, however, very friendly to Italians staying as it was holiday time for them. For us it was the gardens that were lovely and the walk down the path to the sundeck area. We swam everyday off the rocks, mainly late afternoon. The sundeck chairs without the head covers were free all the time but often late in the afternoon you could sit anywhere. We walked to and from the train station with our bags, perhaps a little harder going back up the hill but with a suitcase with wheels it was fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional hotel dating from 1900 with modern amenities; situated in a serene garden setting with private beach, facing the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Metropole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Santa Margherita Ligure
- Metropole Hotel Santa Margherita Ligure