My wife and I stayed at the Metropol hotel for one night.
This is a very comfortable family run hotel,
Very easy to visit Portofino from the hotel and the front desk is very helpful in advise and providing maps.
Since we stayed only one night we didn't have much time to explore the beautiful grounds of the hotel but we did walk down to the hotel's cafe on the sea/beach to have coffee. This was great with excellent views.
The breakfast was the best we had in our entire holiday - just great!
Rooms are comfortable with a balcony.
We wanted a room with full sea view but these were all booked so we got a "side" room but this was ok too since we could sea the water and enjoy the views.
Service is outstanding and the front desk staff will go out of their way to help.
The parking is not an issue since the hotel has an adjacent private parking for a reasonable charge.
This hotel is definitely recommended and we will stay here again when in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional hotel dating from 1900 with modern amenities; situated in a serene garden setting with private beach, facing the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, T4B, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Metropole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Santa Margherita Ligure
- Metropole Hotel Santa Margherita Ligure