Great room. OK location right by the main street. If the windows are open, loud traffic, and if the tide is right, smells like fish. If the double paned double set of windows closed no noise at all. However, If windows are closed room gets stuffy and warm really fast. Air conditioner was not working. Called front desk and asked why it wasn't working. Do you know what his response was? Open the window. OK. Open the window at night while trying to sleep and hear the noise of the road and stench of the ocean. I am not one of those people who needs to be flattered when traveling. As long as I ask you to fix something or I have a complaint, all I want from the hotel is to address my issues. This was not even attempted. OK next time I am in the area I will make sure I stay at another hotel where I won't get an obnoxious response to my complaint. It probably wouldn't have been hard to flip a switch to turn the A/C unit on. If you have a great hotel in a prime location, but it is uncomfortable for you guests to get a descent rest, why even have the hotel. One other item. Free WiFi. No not really. Not when you can't get a signal in the room. Even the lobby where I had to go to connect to WiFi was warm and stuffy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional hotel dating from 1900 with modern amenities; situated in a serene garden setting with private beach, facing the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Metropole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Santa Margherita Ligure
- Metropole Hotel Santa Margherita Ligure