My husband & I spent two nights there in mid-October. We got off the train on a whim and our taxi driver recommended this hotel. They treated us likes kings! The price was very reasonable. The staff (especially Anna), could not have been nicer. She was very helpful to give us directions and suggestions since we knew little about the area. The room overlooked the pool and garden and the view was outstanding! We even had bedroom slippers, which was such a treat! The breakfast (included) was wonderful and presented very nicely. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious. We slept like babies!! This hotel is postcard beautiful and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. We also visited Portofino while there, which we highly recommend. Santa Margherita is a beautiful city with great restaurants and shops. On our departure morning we were leaving very early so Anna made sure the kitchen had two packet breakfast bags ready for us to take on the train. What a lovely gesture and much appreciated. We would love to visit again one day and stay at the Hotel Metropole again. It was a wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional hotel dating from 1900 with modern amenities; situated in a serene garden setting with private beach, facing the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Metropole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Santa Margherita Ligure
- Metropole Hotel Santa Margherita Ligure