We went for a 3 day break here on the Italian Riviera. We flew into Genoa and caught the train down the coast. Brilliant place for a break. I'll talk about the hotel in a while but also the place in general. I'm not sure how this got to be the number 1 hotel in Rapallo though. I'll come back to that. First if you are flying in to Genoa. Catch the train from the 'Sestri' Train station. Get a shuttle bus or a taxi though as it's too far to walk realistically. The train will go all the way to Rapallo.
The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the station. Less than 500 yards. If you take a taxi he will charge you about 15 Euros!! which is ridiculous. Highway robbery.
There are a great selection of bars and restaurants in the town. Loads of places to eat and drink and the shopping isn't bad either. The Hotel has no bar to speak of. Just a couple of stools at a bench. There is also no restaurant.
We booked a superior room with a Balcony. It was very nice, a good size but no drawers in the room to put anything in. Just a wardrobe. The Bathroom was fine but the bath very small and the hot water was a bit intermittent. The usual stuff in a hotel bathroom was available. There was also a Bidet.
The Hotel is conveniently located on the waterfront at one end of the shopping and bars district of the town. The town is only very small so it's in a good position. We ate at the Hostaria Vecchia which is just around the corner and excellent value and quality. We also at at the Sole Bar at the far end of the town beyond the Fort which we felt offered very poor value for what we had.
A great day trip from here is Portofino. There is a bus from near the station to the next town along the coast called Santa Margherita Ligure. You change here for the Portofino Beach bus. However you might like to walk one or both ways if you are reasonably fit. The Walk from Rapallo to Portofino is about 10km's of stunning coastline. We caught the bus and walked back to Rapallo from Santa Margherita Ligure which was brilliant. We had lunch at Ristorante Darsena which was fantastic
So in summary. The Hotel is fine. I'm not sure it warrants number one spot in Rapallo but you'll most likely be happy enough with it.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Tigullio Royal Hotel Rapallo
- Best Western Tigullio Royal Hotel
- Tigullio Royal Rapallo
- Tigullio Royal Hotel Rapallo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rapallo is rightly considered the pearl of the Gulf of Tigullio, the Best Western Hotel Tigullio Royal is its shining star in the hotel sector.A refined and elegant 4-star hotel, it stands on Rapallo's seafront, at the heart of the magnificent Italian Riviera. Santa Margherita, Portofino, Camogli and Sestri Levante can easily be reached by train or boat. The Tigullio Royal Hotel stands in Piazza IV Novembre, in the centre of Rapallo, very close to places of historic and cultural interest in the city. For business guests there is a Conventioned Meeting Centre, up to 50, next to Best Western Hotel Tigullio Royal; Coffee Break and Lunch services available on reques ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Tigullio Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.