“Very nice and convenient location” 5 of 5 stars

My One Hotel La Spezia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via XX Settembre 81, 19122 La Spezia, Italy   |
Ranked #9 of 22 hotels in La Spezia
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Very nice and convenient location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed as a couple mid Nov/13, paid 100E/night with breakfast, a bit on the expensive side, but very comfortable, modern and well-maintained. Nice breakfast, free wifi, minibar/fridge, (safe was NOT attached to the wall, so didnt use it), great service from the helpful and pleasant Frontdesk people! Right in the center of shopping/restaurant area, with 2 entrances one from the Center in the back/downhill using the roomcard and elevator, OR one from the upper street where we were lucky to park our rented car right infront of the hotel for free(!), in the hotel's designated street parking spaces! A 10-15min. walk to the train station (to go to Cinque Terre), on the pedestrian/shopping promenade.

Room Tip: "ground level" is actually 5th floor on the back side, but no special view, only the build...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

We feel we lucked into staying at this gem of a hotel in La Spezia, Italy. The staff at the reception desk were very knowledgeable and eager to help. They gave us information on the Cinque Terre card as soon as we asked about the area. They were efficient and the check-in process was quick and easy. Our room (#601) was large, clean and very comfortable. It had a TV which had both Italian and English channels, a desk with 2 chairs, comfortable bed, a safe, a mini fridge, night tables and a luggage bench. The attached bathroom had one sink, shower stall, bidet, toilet and a towel heating rack. I loved the towel heating rack as after a shower I would wrap myself in a warm towel...like being in a spa! The hotel offers additional benefits like complimentary WiFi, and breakfast. The hotel's location is fabulous...within walking distance to the train station, it is also right in the midst of the shopping area and trattorias and restaurants. The area is safe to walk around and every evening we would walk for about an hour before going for dinner to one of the many nearby restaurants. I also liked that this hotel conserves energy/environment by having motion sensor lights, which turn on as you walk by it. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and would definitely stay here again if are in La Spezia area. La Spezia is a nice town if you are planning to do Cinque Terre.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Hotel is in a good spot for visiting the old town,by the way I disagree with the reviews about La Spezia being an ugly place, we all share the same opinion that is really beautiful and has a great night life, going back to the hotel,it's very modern and you can have access from the back,through elevators 5 stories or the front.The rooms are very modern and with an adecuate space,the only thing I didn't like was the bed,the european problem, very hard for us.
Breakfast was good and tasty and with a good variety.Try to go to the market,I think it's wednesday it's a great experience and like 3 blocks from the hotel
The staff was very helpful and proffesional

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Not the cheapest of hotels, and looks OK from first impressions.

However the internet did not work at all, and the lift was pretty terrible too, meaning you had to walk up 5 flights of stairs.

They also had no iron.

Not a good place to stay if you're here on business.

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed for three nights with our 14 month old baby. The front desk was very friendly and hospitable. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean. The breakfast buffet was very nice, the bar staff were also very friendly. Very close to the shops for a stroll and restaurants. Lovely place to stay.

Stayed October 2013
berkeley, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed for a Saturday night here in Sept '13 for a weekend visit to Cinque Terre after we couldnt find a room anywhere in the actual Cinque Terre. The staff was very helpful in all things. The room was clean and modern, comfortable. We were 2 adults and a 10 yr old child, so I was not sure what to expect for beds, but was pleased to find a large double bed in the bedroom and a fold out couch in the sitting room, all prepared, which worked fine for a child. Unlike some reviewers, I found the hotel very easily from the train station, which is something like a 10 minute walk away. If you walk through the town center (no cars, pedestrian walkway) once you get close there are even signs posted specifically pointing the way to My One Hotel. The bathroom is small, the shower really small (picking up dropped soap was something of a challenge for a six foot guy). There was a nice breakfast buffet in the morning. The front desk seemed occasionally understaffed so sometimes you might have to wait at the desk. Overall this was a positive experience and I would stay here again if I had to stay in La Spezia again. (But if I was going to Cinque Terre again, I would try and stay in one of the 5 villages there, not in La Spezia, there's really nothing too interesting about La Spezia.)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed here September 3rd, 2013 for one night. Great location, at the top of the hill. Nicely decorated small room, comfy bed, great AC, nice bathroom. Typical tiny Italian shower, plenty of hot water. Central location in La Spezia, very short walk to restaurants & shops. Nice breakfast spread with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, plenty of pastries and fruit, with an espresso bar.
Parking was right outside on the street, and we drove our rental car over to quaint Cinque Terre for a dip in the perfect Mediterranean.
La Spezia is one of my favorite towns in Italy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to My One Hotel La Spezia? Share your experiences!