“Nice Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in La Spezia
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Nice Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Both the hotel and the city itself where a great surprise!

We stayed at the My One Hotel La Spezia during a couple of nights while traveling around Cinque Terre and Portovenere (great great trip).

La Spezia is an interesting city, although it is a harbor it has some lovely avenues and promenades, when we were there, the orange trees that lined the main streets were heavy with beautiful oranges.

The hotel was convenient for us because there were parking options in front of the building and on a covered park nearby (not many spaces, though).

The rooms were new and the bathroom was spacious, although, as in most Italian hotels, the shower area was minimum.

Front desk was extremely helpful with guidance and advice. Also, we have to mention the patience of the young lady when we were leaving the hotel and we lost the rental car keys. She was very supportive and sympathetic.

When you take the hotel elevator to the lowest floor, you access a back street and the main commercial area, where the passegiata is a great movement. Around it, you will find quite a few options for dining. By the way, we had two great meals in La Spezia, just sorry I cannot remember the names of the restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had a fine experience at the hotel. It was clean, the breakfast was pretty good, and the staff was very nice and helpful. I (mid-30's) was traveling with my parents (mid-50s), and it was too far for any/all of us to take our luggage to the hotel -- had to take a cab (a little expensive -- because they have to drive a long way down a one-way street). Unless you're a 20-year-old back packer, it's too far to take much luggage to this hotel, especially if you take a wrong turn (which is easy to do). The disappointing thing about staying here was that I hated to leave the villages in the Cinque Terre to go back to La Spezia. Next time I go back (which I definitely will), I'll stay in a village. There are lots of options in the villages, and getting there is so easy. Cinque Terre is AMAZING - so, so beautiful and peaceful. La Spezia... not so much. But if you want to stay in La Spezia (again, don't recommend) and want a decent hotel, this place works. If I had to stay in La Spezia, I would stay here again. The pictures are a good representative of what to expect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Myself and 3 female friends stayed here on March 22, we had some bad issues with an accommodation we were supposed to stay in and this hotel was close by. We only went in to ask a few questions, but the receptionist Liselotte was incredibly helpful and went the extra mile to help us out. Without her our trip could have ended very badly. The night watchman, Paolo I believe, went into town with me to try and sort out our other accommodation issues (I didn't speak a word of Italian) which was above and beyond his job description. Besides the service and willingness to help being superb, the room was very nice and comfortable. I found it very spacious, and plenty of hot water and pressure in the bathroom as well. Compared to other breakfasts I've had in Italy, this one was far superior. All the usual continental things, plus eggs, honey, jam and a staff member who was happy to make me a cappuccino in the morning. Overall a very pleasant stay thanks to Liselotte and Paolo( we even left flowers to express how grateful we were), I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Baku, Azerbaijan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Unlike the previous reviews, we found the reception and cleaning staff friendly. The hotel was modern and clean and central. We thought it was expensive for what it was and certainly lacked any kind of atmosphere. Rooms were dark. Internet was very slow and unreliable. Often no working at all. We expected a lot better of a hotel of this standard and price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Staying in this hotel was a wrong decision. Rude (not to say vulgar) reception announcing that: "it is well known that there is no parking here…" followed by sending us to a parking 500 meters away (heavy rain…) that cost no less than 30 Euros per night (if you leave before 9 AM – otherwise you have to pay per hour).
Breakfast was nothing similar to what you expect even at one star Italian hotel.

Just find another place…

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We booked 2 rooms for 1 night.
They simply said that "it is well known" that there is no parking and they "arranged" parking for us - 500m away from the hotel (heavy rain...) at 30 Euro per night...
The attitude was rude not to say vulgar.
VERY poor breakfast with NO service.

Room Tip: There must be better value for your money...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at the hotel during a 1-day-trip in the city and I let my business partners chose it for me: without any idea about, I have to say that the place surprise me positively.
Room is clean and comfy, breakfast is acceptable, and location is quite amazing, according to the city disposition and geography: calm but very central, it allows you to avoid to take the car to go around and find some place to eat, you can reach the city-center on foot. It is also close to a market, in which you will find typical food from the region (recommended).
I just warn you about parking (if needed): forget about it, you cannot find any for free after 8:00 pm, so let your car at the hotel parking lot (and salty 15 euros), as well as let home your limo... a 500 will be the best shot to avoid brainy maneuvers there...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to My One Hotel La Spezia? Share your experiences!