“Wonderful place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

You added My One Hotel La Spezia to your Saves list
My One Hotel La Spezia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via XX Settembre 81, 19122 La Spezia, Italy   |
Ranked #9 of 22 hotels in La Spezia
“Wonderful place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Myself and 3 female friends stayed here on March 22, we had some bad issues with an accommodation we were supposed to stay in and this hotel was close by. We only went in to ask a few questions, but the receptionist Liselotte was incredibly helpful and went the extra mile to help us out. Without her our trip could have ended very badly. The night watchman, Paolo I believe, went into town with me to try and sort out our other accommodation issues (I didn't speak a word of Italian) which was above and beyond his job description. Besides the service and willingness to help being superb, the room was very nice and comfortable. I found it very spacious, and plenty of hot water and pressure in the bathroom as well. Compared to other breakfasts I've had in Italy, this one was far superior. All the usual continental things, plus eggs, honey, jam and a staff member who was happy to make me a cappuccino in the morning. Overall a very pleasant stay thanks to Liselotte and Paolo( we even left flowers to express how grateful we were), I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013

337 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baku, Azerbaijan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Unlike the previous reviews, we found the reception and cleaning staff friendly. The hotel was modern and clean and central. We thought it was expensive for what it was and certainly lacked any kind of atmosphere. Rooms were dark. Internet was very slow and unreliable. Often no working at all. We expected a lot better of a hotel of this standard and price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Staying in this hotel was a wrong decision. Rude (not to say vulgar) reception announcing that: "it is well known that there is no parking here…" followed by sending us to a parking 500 meters away (heavy rain…) that cost no less than 30 Euros per night (if you leave before 9 AM – otherwise you have to pay per hour).
Breakfast was nothing similar to what you expect even at one star Italian hotel.

Just find another place…

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We booked 2 rooms for 1 night.
They simply said that "it is well known" that there is no parking and they "arranged" parking for us - 500m away from the hotel (heavy rain...) at 30 Euro per night...
The attitude was rude not to say vulgar.
VERY poor breakfast with NO service.

Room Tip: There must be better value for your money...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at the hotel during a 1-day-trip in the city and I let my business partners chose it for me: without any idea about, I have to say that the place surprise me positively.
Room is clean and comfy, breakfast is acceptable, and location is quite amazing, according to the city disposition and geography: calm but very central, it allows you to avoid to take the car to go around and find some place to eat, you can reach the city-center on foot. It is also close to a market, in which you will find typical food from the region (recommended).
I just warn you about parking (if needed): forget about it, you cannot find any for free after 8:00 pm, so let your car at the hotel parking lot (and salty 15 euros), as well as let home your limo... a 500 will be the best shot to avoid brainy maneuvers there...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the train station, and only 3 minutes to main mall. Breakfast we had was adequate which included the normal continental items. The staff were very friendly, giving us suggestions on what to do which didn't include the Cinque Terre region. We stayed here mainly for Cinque Terre and they were able to provide the train details and a map. It was very convenient for the day visits and also close to restaurants in the evening. The rooms were clean, comfortable and had free WiFi and air conditioning. Overall a great hotel for the stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We walked, with roller bags, from train station - a bit of a struggle, but seems to be the best option. The manageress was most helpful with suggestions for restaurants and things to do.
Hotel was comfortable and good value for money, being handy for visiting Cinqueterre and other coastal attractions. Suggest that a visit to Lerici is very worthwhile - we took a local bus to and from Lerici - the least expensive option. There are a number of restaurants that have affordable menus and really good food. We visited on a market day, with the harbour front occupied by market stalls and affordable eating venues. Lunch of fresh fish at one of the open air restaurants was excellent and inexpensive. We noted one food stall that was selling hot bread rolls with freshly carved roast pig to a long line of customers - unfortunately we had already eaten!
In our opinion Lerici - with it's ancient castle and harbour is probably a better option than the Cinque terre!

Room Tip: We had a non-smoking double room with view over the city. No complaints!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to My One Hotel La Spezia? Share your experiences!