“Very Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in La Spezia
Baku, Azerbaijan
“Very Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Unlike the previous reviews, we found the reception and cleaning staff friendly. The hotel was modern and clean and central. We thought it was expensive for what it was and certainly lacked any kind of atmosphere. Rooms were dark. Internet was very slow and unreliable. Often no working at all. We expected a lot better of a hotel of this standard and price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Staying in this hotel was a wrong decision. Rude (not to say vulgar) reception announcing that: "it is well known that there is no parking here…" followed by sending us to a parking 500 meters away (heavy rain…) that cost no less than 30 Euros per night (if you leave before 9 AM – otherwise you have to pay per hour).
Breakfast was nothing similar to what you expect even at one star Italian hotel.

Just find another place…

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We booked 2 rooms for 1 night.
They simply said that "it is well known" that there is no parking and they "arranged" parking for us - 500m away from the hotel (heavy rain...) at 30 Euro per night...
The attitude was rude not to say vulgar.
VERY poor breakfast with NO service.

Room Tip: There must be better value for your money...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at the hotel during a 1-day-trip in the city and I let my business partners chose it for me: without any idea about, I have to say that the place surprise me positively.
Room is clean and comfy, breakfast is acceptable, and location is quite amazing, according to the city disposition and geography: calm but very central, it allows you to avoid to take the car to go around and find some place to eat, you can reach the city-center on foot. It is also close to a market, in which you will find typical food from the region (recommended).
I just warn you about parking (if needed): forget about it, you cannot find any for free after 8:00 pm, so let your car at the hotel parking lot (and salty 15 euros), as well as let home your limo... a 500 will be the best shot to avoid brainy maneuvers there...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the train station, and only 3 minutes to main mall. Breakfast we had was adequate which included the normal continental items. The staff were very friendly, giving us suggestions on what to do which didn't include the Cinque Terre region. We stayed here mainly for Cinque Terre and they were able to provide the train details and a map. It was very convenient for the day visits and also close to restaurants in the evening. The rooms were clean, comfortable and had free WiFi and air conditioning. Overall a great hotel for the stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We walked, with roller bags, from train station - a bit of a struggle, but seems to be the best option. The manageress was most helpful with suggestions for restaurants and things to do.
Hotel was comfortable and good value for money, being handy for visiting Cinqueterre and other coastal attractions. Suggest that a visit to Lerici is very worthwhile - we took a local bus to and from Lerici - the least expensive option. There are a number of restaurants that have affordable menus and really good food. We visited on a market day, with the harbour front occupied by market stalls and affordable eating venues. Lunch of fresh fish at one of the open air restaurants was excellent and inexpensive. We noted one food stall that was selling hot bread rolls with freshly carved roast pig to a long line of customers - unfortunately we had already eaten!
In our opinion Lerici - with it's ancient castle and harbour is probably a better option than the Cinque terre!

Room Tip: We had a non-smoking double room with view over the city. No complaints!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Philly
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Closest place we could find to center city. Very disapointed with parking, The word NONE comes to mind. I people were very nice and helpful know exactly what we were going thru.We were surprised with the breakfast EXCELLENT!!! Sure wish Italy could scramble eggs like USA. Interesting thing also, next store the city has an elevator, yes I said outside elevator, nice touch too. Take you straight down into city center. What the hours of working I think it runs 9 to 9. When you see how far it is downhill to get to centre you'll understand how great the elevator is....enjoy your stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to My One Hotel La Spezia? Share your experiences!