“Disappointment” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in La Spezia
Ramsey, New Jersey
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Although clean and reasonably well situated, the hotel utterly lacks character. While the front desk staff was helpful, the manager of the property was patronizing and unaccommodating. We were also denied the complimentary continental breakfast, although iw was included in our Expedia booking.

Room Tip: Higher-floor rooms may get more natural light.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed 4 nights in August to visit Cique Terra. Very clean, modern, big room, staff were very friendly & helpful, was afraid from the Air condition not to be working as i read some reviewer had a bad experience with it BUT is was working very well and we had to turn it off some times and increase the temperature sometimes also because it was cold inside the room where it was super hot outside, 10 min. from the ferry and 15 min from the train station ... great location.
The breakfast was simple and they were using one container/bowl for the meet + cheese , meet + eggs instead of separate them thats the only thing i can complain about ... it didnt privent me to rate it excellent as we enjoyed staying there so much and strongly recommended.

Room Tip: we stayed at 304
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

this hotel was modern and my room was very spacious for european standards. very clean and a good easy 10 minute walk to the ferry terminals . I did need to take a taxi 10 euros from the train station to the hotel as the steps in the station were several levels high. Its a good starting point to take the 2 hour ferry to see all of Cinque Terre. The breakfast was included and was a very well done contential style. The location is not on a main street so the main level is on 5th floor and to go to the street is on ground 0. II did not venture out after dark as I was not too sure about the neighbourhood and was travelling solo and a female. So for those who dont like stirs be warned. I was overall quite impressed for the value it was good quality.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Florence
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

A modern hotel decorated tastefully but with an awfully small bathroom. The free parking (BIG bonus) and free wifi seemed like such a good deal but we never managed to connect to the wifi despite asking the reception and switching on and off our iPads.

If wifi existed in the medieval times it would have been like this. But they upgraded our room after that so we had to close one eye about it. The deluxe room was enormous, with a living room, armchairs, and a separate bedroom. I appreciate that the windows could be opened and that the hotel was just a 10 minute fast walk to the train station for Cinque Terre.

Bottomline: A little pricey for what it offers unless you have the deluxe room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Goulburn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel twice now in the last two years and have no hesitation recommending it. It is modern and clean,the beds are comfortable and rooms are spacious.
The staff have always been helpful , friendly and speak english. It is well located about 800 metres from the station and in the heart of the old town shopping district,with good inexpensive shopping and plenty of restaraunts. Just a couple of little things stopped me from rating the hotel as excellent such as the phone did not work, shower pressure was poor and if you did not get to breakfast early the hot food and coffee may not be so hot. But all in all if I ever return to La Spezia this is where I will stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

After being told by the 'travel agent' next to the train station, to go thru the tunnel; a very narrow, broken pavement, smelly (gas fumes) walk, we ended up on the other side of the tourist area. It was getting dark, so instead of turning around, we walked down to the next intersection, and a city bus pulled up and took us to where we should have been, at no charge! I guess they knew we were lost! My Hotel staff gave us a lovely room with a small, bright bath. After staying in less than desirable places, this was clean, sharp, and friendly! I would definitely recommend here if you want to stay at the gateway of Cinque Terra. No parking, so take the train in. Shops and restaurants all around, with a pedestrian only area in back for blocks!

Room Tip: Make sure you upgrade if you do not like small rooms. The upper rooms have a small attached room to...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Wonderful! A welcome change! Sooooooo helpful! Definitely pick this place. A/c weak but only complaint. Super breakfast, great location!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to My One Hotel La Spezia? Share your experiences!