We spent two nights in this hotel, and used it as a base to explore Cinque Terre. The hotel is literally across the street from the train station to Cinque Terre, so it could not be more convenient. It's also good to note that even though it is near the station, you do not hear the trains passing at all.
The service here is good, and the concierge helped recommend and book evening meals for us in La Spezia both nights we were there.
The breakfast buffet was nice, with a selection of cereal, eggs, cold meats and cheeses. All their food is locally sourced, and they will even show you how far the food travelled to your plate.
Additionally, the hotel was kind enough to upgrade us for free to a bigger room because our room was not configured for a king-sized bed.
Overall, a great hotel and a great experience. Highly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Firenze e Continentale Hotel
- Firenze e Continentale La Spezia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- he 3 star Hotel Firenze and Continentale in La Spezia dates back to the beginning of the last century and is today one of the premier luxury accommodations in this historical city that sits just at the foot of the Cinque Terre National Park.The elegant building's aristocratic feel is accentuated with quality decor, furnishings and other thoughtful complements including Carrara marble floors, Trompe l'Oeil murals, Mogano boiseries and hand beaten iron and brass lamps.A top quality 3 star hotel located in the historical city centre of La Spezia, the Hotel Firenze and Continentale is just a few short steps from the newly pedestrianized heart of the town and close to La Spezia Centrale train station, making for quick and easy connections to the Cinque Terre in a couple of minutes.Having undergone regular renovation since the first part of the 20th century, the Firenze and Continentale La Spezia is now regarded as one of the finest accommodations in the city while still maintaining the building’s original architectural identity - typified by that liberty style grandeur of the pre-WWI era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hotel Firenze e Continentale La Spezia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.