Overview - My husband and I stayed in La Spezia for 1 night while travelling from Parma to Cinque Terre, due to train connections, and while I wouldn’t necessarily stay in La Spezia again, the hotel was a solid choice. It is a pretty standard hotel and I would rate it a 3 ½ if I could.
Room - The room was fine, nothing special or terrible. The bathroom was very small, especially the shower, water backed up in the shower, tough not to get water on the bathroom floor, not many towels in the bathroom.
Service - Check in was a little slow and a little brusque; we were in Italy for five weeks and found the service at all our other accommodations much warmer and friendlier at the front desk. That being said, the service at the bar was terrific! I believe the bartender’s name was Jenn and she was terrific; very friendly, helpful with suggestions for the remainder of our trip and she made fabulous martinis. We had a great night chatting at the bar with her.
Amenities –nice to have a lift; bar was great; good continental breakfast in a cheery, bright room with a good view.
Location – fabulous if you are travelling by train, only steps from the train station.
Other – good value overall, even though wifi only available in public areas, asked for a smoking room when booking, told they didn’t have any available when we checked in; great restaurant across the road “Ristorante Roma da Marcellini” (fabulous homemade pasta, fresh mushrooms).
Good stay overall.
- Also Known As:
- Firenze e Continentale Hotel
- Firenze e Continentale La Spezia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- he 3 star Hotel Firenze and Continentale in La Spezia dates back to the beginning of the last century and is today one of the premier luxury accommodations in this historical city that sits just at the foot of the Cinque Terre National Park.The elegant building's aristocratic feel is accentuated with quality decor, furnishings and other thoughtful complements including Carrara marble floors, Trompe l'Oeil murals, Mogano boiseries and hand beaten iron and brass lamps.A top quality 3 star hotel located in the historical city centre of La Spezia, the Hotel Firenze and Continentale is just a few short steps from the newly pedestrianized heart of the town and close to La Spezia Centrale train station, making for quick and easy connections to the Cinque Terre in a couple of minutes.Having undergone regular renovation since the first part of the 20th century, the Firenze and Continentale La Spezia is now regarded as one of the finest accommodations in the city while still maintaining the building’s original architectural identity - typified by that liberty style grandeur of the pre-WWI era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Nozio Netplan srl, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, HotelsClick and Orbitz so you can book your Hotel Firenze e Continentale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.