We stayed at Hotel Firenze Continentale, La Spezia on the 7th July 2012 as a stopover to the Cinque Terre. We booked on Booking.com and the hotel was only a short walk from the railway station. We didn't really know what to expect as this was just an incidental necessity to get to our Monterosso destination, but it definitely did not disappoint! It was a big hotel that with a beautiful, ornate reception area. There was no wi-fi in the rooms, but that was ok, because you could use the bar area which was comfortable and inviting to make your up-date your family and friends.
Our room was spacious and had a window that overlooked the mountains and allowed for impressive views of the sun settling over the mountains as we listened to church bells echoing through the town. The breakfast was also quite impressive! Pastries, breads, cakes, juices and coffees in a quaint little room....i would have been happy to stay another night not just for the hotel but also for the quaintness of this cobblestone town itself, which despite its sleepy atmosphere in the day-time, turned into a busy hive of activity in the evening as it came alive with masses of people promenading in the streets. There was plenty of opportunity to shop in the variety of shops that ranged from well known boutiques to more independent ones. And of course there were eateries to fill the tummy!
At 109 euro for the night, we felt is was worth it and would probably stay here again. Oh! and it was in this town that i had the BEST pesto spaghetti ever...unfortunately i don't remember the name of the restaurant!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- he 3 star Hotel Firenze and Continentale in La Spezia dates back to the beginning of the last century and is today one of the premier luxury accommodations in this historical city that sits just at the foot of the Cinque Terre National Park.The elegant building's aristocratic feel is accentuated with quality decor, furnishings and other thoughtful complements including Carrara marble floors, Trompe l'Oeil murals, Mogano boiseries and hand beaten iron and brass lamps.A top quality 3 star hotel located in the historical city centre of La Spezia, the Hotel Firenze and Continentale is just a few short steps from the newly pedestrianized heart of the town and close to La Spezia Centrale train station, making for quick and easy connections to the Cinque Terre in a couple of minutes.Having undergone regular renovation since the first part of the 20th century, the Firenze and Continentale La Spezia is now regarded as one of the finest accommodations in the city while still maintaining the building’s original architectural identity - typified by that liberty style grandeur of the pre-WWI era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Hotel Firenze e Continentale La Spezia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Firenze e Continentale Hotel
- Firenze e Continentale La Spezia