Of course like most people, we chose this hotel for it's location to the train station into La Spezia and the local train to the Cinque Terre villages. My husband & I were there in September 2012 and found the staff very accommodating, recommending restaurants and safe places to walk at night and places to avoid. I cannot agree with LadyDoGa's review on so many levels. Let's face it, you are on holiday and aren't likely to be spending much time in your room. As you have said, the room was simple but clean, they were more than adequate. We stayed in several hotels in our 4 weeks away and it seems to be standard practice to hand the key back to reception when you leave for the day. So why was this such a drama? My advice is that next time you book a hotel, please read the accommodation facilities before booking and writing a review running down the hotel if you are disappointed. We would definately recommend this hotel for a short stay to visit the Cinque Terre. Happy travels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- he 3 star Hotel Firenze and Continentale in La Spezia dates back to the beginning of the last century and is today one of the premier luxury accommodations in this historical city that sits just at the foot of the Cinque Terre National Park.The elegant building's aristocratic feel is accentuated with quality decor, furnishings and other thoughtful complements including Carrara marble floors, Trompe l'Oeil murals, Mogano boiseries and hand beaten iron and brass lamps.A top quality 3 star hotel located in the historical city centre of La Spezia, the Hotel Firenze and Continentale is just a few short steps from the newly pedestrianized heart of the town and close to La Spezia Centrale train station, making for quick and easy connections to the Cinque Terre in a couple of minutes.Having undergone regular renovation since the first part of the 20th century, the Firenze and Continentale La Spezia is now regarded as one of the finest accommodations in the city while still maintaining the building’s original architectural identity - typified by that liberty style grandeur of the pre-WWI era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Firenze e Continentale La Spezia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Firenze e Continentale Hotel
- Firenze e Continentale La Spezia