“The best option for Cinque Terra” 5 of 5 stars

Zorba The Cat
via paleocapa,4, 19122 La Spezia, Italy   |
Ranked #33 of 89 La Spezia B&B and Inns
Lexington, Kentucky
“The best option for Cinque Terra”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My friend and I still lovingly refer to the owner of this lovely B&B as our "Italian Mom". She was the most hospital and most helpful host we had during the entirety of our European travels. The rooms were clean and beautiful and our private bathroom was immaculate. The price and location can not be beat, it is much cheaper than any hostel actually in Cinque Terra and it is mere steps away from the train station. You can hop right on and be to Cinque Terra in no time flat!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We only slept here one night between a day trip to Cinque Terre and a weekend in Florence, but we loved it! After a day filled with encounters with rude Italian waiters and gelato servers, we were almost in tears at how nice the landlady was who checked us in. She had communicated with me by text during the day, making sure she'd be around when we wanted to check in (which was fairly late in the evening). She flooded us with information about the city and gave us our free included breakfast tickets, which were an unexpected perk! The room and bathroom were great and the building was neat and located conveniently near the train station and the main La Spezia street. My only complaint was that the room was not convincingly clean - it looked to me like my pillowcases hadn't been washed since the last guest and I opted to sleep with a towel under my head.

Room Tip: For a small group of students, opt for a 4 person private room with ensuite bathroom - private and t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Really nice rooms just a minute away from the train station. The staff was very helpfull, she gave us info about the area and the cinque terre. They provided breakfast that it wasn't mentioned on our reservation! The only problem for me was that they don't change the towels every day, but after 3days of stay. Of course when i asked ti give me a clean one they did. Overall i thing it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I travelled with a good friend and we found the room the day before on the Internet. Very good price and total comfort. Everything was there, from the welcome pastries to the hairdryer and terribly good shower. Beds were very comfortable as well. Decoration is nice, modern and colorful. The location is also great, as it is just next to the station and allows you to jump in the train to the Cinque Terre. Many free parking lots around town or the paying station parking lot that is underground.
I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

thank you for everythins wonderful recomendations and the room was lovely best nights slept yes.
mass end laura

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

On arrival to the Cinque Terre region, I decided to make La Spezia my home base and take day trips to the villages. I definitely think that's the way to see the area. From La Spezia you can easily take a train to the Cinque Terre and also ferry or bus to Porto Venere.

I stayed here for 4 nights at the end of April, and it was my favourite place that I stayed in Italy.  I'm sure that the beauty of the region had something to do with that, but the room itself was equally beautiful - brightly decorated, with an incredible stone and marble balcony (I think only room four has a balcony, so ask for this room). The B&B is in a charming building that is over one hundred years old, but the rooms have modern fixtures. It's a nice mix of old and new.

Patricia is a great host, and is more than happy to help you plan your daily itinerary, including great restaurant recommendations or where to buy food cheaply if you're on a budget.

Finally - and most importantly after a long day of hiking - the bed was extremely comfortable!

Pros: 1 minute walk from train station, room fridge, great shower and bed, awesome balcony, room smelled nice even when full of my stinky hiking clothes

Cons: I didn't want to leave

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Zorba The Cat? Share your experiences!