“Memorable - in more ways than one” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #154 of 276 restaurants in La Spezia
Cuisines: Italian
Isle of Lewis, United Kingdom
“Memorable - in more ways than one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I met up with friends at Enoristorante Party House late in the evening and decided I would like some Strega and some cheese. Absolutely no problem for the proprietor (whom I now understand to be Giorgio) who, however, insisted that cheese had to be consumed with vino rosso and not Strega. Of course he was right. The cheese platter was excellent as was the wine. We walked back to the hotel nearby telling each other how lucky we'd been to find such a friendly host for our modest needs. Imagine our surprise the next morning (a Sunday) when Giorgio recognised me at the rail station (we were all getting the same train to the Cinque Terre) and told me that he had found my driver licence and credit cards etc. What an amazing coincidence and, apart from anything else, it made me realise even more how much attention he paid to his customers. We had to leave unexpectedly for Antibes later that day (the restorante is closed on Sundays) but Giorgio posted the wallet to me and we have been re-united. In my five weeks away from home this venue will stick out in my mind more than any other. I will be back.

• Visited September 2012

88% Recommend
La Spezia, Italy
“Charming host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Name has changed back to Enoristorante Party House . Good basic home made food, excellent wines. The owner Giorgio is very charming and knowledgeable with regards to the wine

Visited April 2012
Vancouver, Washington
“Great Place for People Watching”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stopped and had wine and a snack here. The service was really nice with great outdoor seating. We had a open faces bread with Mascorpone and Speck warmed up! OMG so tasty still dreaming of it! The prices were really nice and much cheaper than many places in the area. Highly reccomend this place if your just wanting a place to watch the people and have a good bite of food.

• Visited May 2012
Georgetown, Texas
“5/6/10 - The Best Meal of the week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

My wife and I decided to venture out a little during our stay in the Cinque Terre area and caught the train to La Specia. We arrived around 1:30 pm and found this wine bar/restaurant to be one of the few open near the market area. There were only two tables in the front that were occupied and we were a little skeptical. Our waiter greeted us graciously and we chose a table in the larger room. He did not speak any English and the cook brought the outside menu in to explain(somewhat) the dishes. We shared the grilled jumbo (and I mean jumbo and you pick them out at the bar) shrimp, calamari with red peppers, white beans with tomatoes and a liter of the house wine. This was the best meal we had during our time in Italy. The cook explained that he prepared the menu according to what looked fresh at the nearby market and the herbs from his garden(the seasoning was perfect). And what a display of wines. I would definitely seek this place out when in La Spezia. The cost total 38 euros including wine and bottled water! Check out the photos!