We have spent only one evening and night in Genova. All the time we had a feeling that we arrived in XXVIII century majestic and bustling city. The hotel fully reflected above mentioned: high ceiling in a quite big room, decorated hall, cordial landlord and so on. This is the reason why we really liked this hotel, mark it as 'excellent' and recommend it to everyone.
Romantics apart, the hotel has a number of advantages:
1. Good location: it IS in the city center. 15 minutes walk from Aquarium for example.
2. Safe location: Genova has A LOT of small narrow dirty streets where you are afraid to walk in the night even if you are not alone there. This is not the case here. The hotel is located on a clean central street with a lot of big shops. Light everywhere. No dust bins here and there. Lots of restaurants with all levels of prices.
3. Car parking is 50 meters from the hotel.
4. I think there is no review where landlord's dog is not mentioned :) + 5 to hotel charisma.
5. Nice breakfast: we have got a coupon for a cafe nearby where we were offered fresh brioche and a coffee.
6. In the hotel you will find a lot of information about Genova. they have booklets and maps everywhere, and you do not need to bother personnel for this. This is a tiny thing, but I am mentioning it because you will not find this in other similar hotels for this price.
7. The landlord speaks Italian and French (almost no English), but you understand each other perfectly!! This is a mystery how it happens. He is so helpful and friendly. We had no problem at all.
1. The shower is quite old. But it was ok, bearable. In comparison with all the rest this is nothing. It was clean anyway and not small, this is what is important.
2. Please ask hotel personnel to provide you very good description of how to find the hotel and especially the parking. Exact directions and pictures. I am sure they will put it on the internet soon. We were lucky with parking, because we have just found a parking in that area to stop for sometime until we find our hotel and our parking, and after that only we got to know that this was the parking we need. We are sure we would never find this parking if we were searching it from the beginning. Anyway, this is an organizational question only, and I am sure they will fix it soon.
3. The hotel is not a full building, it is just a floor in a building with a lot of apartments. So depending on your preferences you might want something else. But anyway, the area inside is spacious and very clean, and the environment is very friendly. You have a feeling you are in a full fledged hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsClick and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Olympia Hotel Genova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.