“Good food, ambiance and prices” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #108 of 1,481 Restaurants in Genoa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Trattoria Vegia Zena in Genoa is one of the most historic sites of the city are known and appreciated not only for its cozy atmosphere and service but also for the Traditional Cooking Genovese here, we can say, reaches the True Excellence. Trattoria Vegia Zena is located in a very busy area both by the Genoese that the many tourists and travelers, facing the famous Aquarium of Genoa, just in an alley in front of the historic Piazza Loading and features 80 covers lending itself perfectly to Banquets - Parties - Baptisms - Working Dinners.The menu Trattoria Vegia Zena in Genoa and rich character of Cucina Genovese specialties and is enriched with dishes based on fresh fish every day delight the palate of loyal customers or travelers passing, among the many courses include Rossetti Gratin - Sole - rhombus - Gallinelle, do not miss even frisceu skilled team of cod by the expert hands of Chef in a crispy batter, the dishes with Fresh Basil Pesto Pra and the famous dishes Stockfish and Buridda.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Good food, ambiance and prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Trattoria Vegia Zena was a good find for our family of 5. It was close to our hotel and we went early enough at 7:30pm that we were able to get a table although the restaurant filled up quickly afterwards. The food was quite good, particularly the seafood, and relatively inexpensive compared to restaurants we had recently visited in Tuscany. Service was attentive and efficient. Overall, a very good experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

North Carolina
“Celebrated by birthday here...wish I had another one tomorrow!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is very cute, in one of those small dark alleys your mom always told you to stay away from,but don't miss this one! For starters while I was deciding they brought out, baked mussles and what we in the south would considered a hush puppy! My starter was the house seafood platter and wow...fresh and amazing (and huge)! My pasta choice was the flat pasta with pesto and the pesto was A-MAZE-ING! My second or main course was grilled calamari/squid which were so delicate I could cut them with a butter knife or a fork! The servers are so on point, they are running back and forth and so quick that you don't have to wait...I tried to send an email between courses and didn't have time! They are in a hurry, but they do not rush you!!! Overall, a great meal and I will defiantly come back!

Visited August 2013
Moscow, Russia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Second time in Genova and again in this restaurant. The food is very delicious, staff really very friendly-even in a full hall they did their best and found table for us. These guys really wanted that we enjoyed the food, time and stay overall. Will definitely return back!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Moscow, Russia
“Proper, delicious food coupled with a preasant atmosphere and courteous service. Prices a bit too high”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The food. Is really tasty - as the restaurant is right near the sea, all the fish is very fresh.
As a compliment from the chef, each meal is preceeded by free appetizer of fried clams and a small fried garlick dough ball. Good selection of Genoese specialties.
However, I found the portions a bit too pricey for the amount you are served. Not a very large grilled seafood selection cost me 20 euros, and in some restaurants in Genova you would get the same amount of food, same quality for around 13-15.

The service. Very friendly and quick. Was one of the main factors which contributed to my giving this restaurant 4 stars.

The atmosphere. The restaurant if situated in a very small street, but lovely inside. Feels like home:)

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
toronto
“Absolute delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The meal started off with 2 plates of baked and deep fried mussels-complimentary!! My kids and I hate mussels, but we didn't want to seem rude so we all tried a baked one-we loved it!!Finished the plate off quickly. My husband had a pasta in squid ink, and the rest of us had various pasta dishes, which I do not remember. But everything was very good. We had 2 bottles of red house wine, and it was really nice-I was expecting something almost undrinkable. Our waitress was so nice, and tried very hard to help us as she knew a little English. After we paid our bill, they brought over glasses and a bottle of lemoncello and a bottle of grappa. Wow- we had already paid!! My husband and I each had a taste- I don't like grappa, but he said it was good. The lemoncello was excellent. The prices were very reasonable and made up for paying 10 euros for a coke at another restaurant in Rome.

Visited March 2013