“A truly "Charming Room", and wonderful people” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maria Capellini Rooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vernazza
Maria Capellini Rooms
Piazza Marconi 26, Vernazza, Italy   |
Ranked #2 of 41 Vernazza B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A truly "Charming Room", and wonderful people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

This room is wonderfully modern, hidden behind an old door only 25 feet from the water. The window looks out on an amazing view--the water, the church, and the mountain rising behind, covered with vineyards and terraces. The sound of the waves is wonderful. This would be a really good room for anyone who has difficulty with steps. Maria and Giacomo tolerated and helped me with my Italian, and we became good friends. We were sad to say good bye at the end of our visit--and we hope we see them again some day. This truly was a magical place to stay. We highly recommend both the room and Maria and Giacomo.

• Liked — location and view
  • Disliked — This is a room, not a hotel--did not bother us, but understand this if you book.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

We had a wonderful 3night stay in the Charming Room! Perfect location on the water! The room is truly charming, with a nice bathroom. Perfect for a romantic weekend! The owners are very sweet and helpful!

The kitchen is very small though and not fully equipped, so if you dont plan to do to much cooking, this is the PERFECT place to stay!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — kitchen
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Victoria,BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

I stayed in Maria Capellini's 'Charming Room' from April 7th to 11th 2008 inclusive, and despite inclement weather, it was wonderful! Marie and Giacomo greeted me warmly as I walked down from the station, it was a lovely feeling.
This room has been totally created with love and you feel it in every nook and cranny. Maria has such an eye for colour and detail. The toilet alone is worth the visit as it is so eco-friendly, it puts Nth America to shame. I loved the windows, too, such special effects!
I gott to know the people at the almost adjacent and tiny,coffeee and wine bar. They sell bread and sweet rolls as a morning breakfast but they provided me with hot water for my morning tea. They also serve hors d'oeuvres with wine in the evenings! Immediately next door to the Charming Room is a super ice cream store that's 25% cheaper than the one up in the village.
I'm not such an ardent walker that I wanted to walk in showers and drizzle, and had walked from Corniglia to Vernazza some 9 years ago, so I waited . However, the time wasn't wasted as I used the excellent trains to go from village to village, and then finally, on my last day, I HAD TO WALK. I did Riomaggiore to the second village via the Via Dell A'more. It was easy and surprisingly warm and wonderful!!
Thanks Maria and Giacomo!

• Liked — SImple but beautiful. Absolutely tranquil
  • Disliked — Lack of a kettle, but that's understandable.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
Sauk Rapids, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2008

we stayed at the cozy studio march 23 and 24 2008. it was perfect for our needs. they are a very friendly couple. vernazza and the cinque terre are a must when visiting italy. we will stay here again when we return. :):)

• Liked — clean and friendly owners
  • Disliked — na
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2008

Lovely owners (Giacomo and Maria) who are friendly and helpful. Easy to find which is always a blessing. Vernazza is a great town to base oneself in for 5T, we did the trek to Monterosso one day (which is probably the roughest part) and then the other towns the next day.
Clean, comfortable and warm. Close to train.
A few stairs to climb but manageable even with suitcases which is what we had.
Enjoy!

• Liked — Location and friendly owners
  • Disliked — Shower small but not unusual in europe
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Maria Capellini Rooms? Share your experiences!