“Excellent location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 28 Riomaggiore B&B and Inns
Newcastle, Australia
“Excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

My partner and I spent 2 nights here in January and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The host, Sandro, is very helpful and pleasant and will go the extra mile to ensure you have a great stay. From recommending restaurants, to providing directions to attractions, the service was fantastic. Out of all the places we stayed in Italy, we found Alla Marina to have the most spacious, modern and clean room, ours of which also had a lovely sea view. The perfect weather and beautiful coastal setting ensured Riomaggiore was incredibly and I thoroughly recommend staying here... we plan to return!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Hebrew first
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I have no hesitation in recommending Alla Marina. It is a newly renovated hotel with modern, beautifully decorated rooms. Its positioning is ideal, close to restaurants and a very short walk to the water front. Sandro is a wonderful host always prepared to go the extra mile to ensure his guests are well taken care of. Cinque Terre was one of the highlights of my trip to Italy and Alla Marina will always be my first choice of accomodation.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Stow, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Alla Marina is great hotel with very hospitable manager. He went out of his way to help with my arrival to the hotel because the day I was traveling I got hit with a Train strike. The hotel was clean and very well designed with regards to contemporary interior design. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the Cinque Terra area for the night. For once the pictures of the hotel are actually an accurate representation of the hotel. I feel more often than not the pictures are much better than the actual state of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mapleton, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Sandro is the most helpful host. We were met at the train and escorted to Alla Marina. The room was extremely comfortable and in the very best position possible. The harbour is at the back door. Great restaurants are very close, and the coastal path and railway station only a short walk. Riomaggiore has so much atmosphere and we really enjoyed our stay. Sandro gave us suggestions for walks and restaurants and was easily contacted. His communication prior to our arrival, via email, was always prompt. I have already recommended Alla Marina to friends.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Sandro met me at the gate and guided me to my parking space. He gave me business cards for restaurants and introduced me to the folks at the place for breakfast. The room was very great, the view was great, the food was Awesome. I will certainly be back to Alla Marina.

Room Tip: Even though I was traveling alone I took room #2 for the better view. There is a restaurant downsta...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

The reviews for this bnb prompted my sister in law to book me for a 3 night stay for my recent visit to Cinque Terre.
2 days prior to arrival I received an email from Sandro who expressed his eagerness to meet me at the train station to show me the shortest, quickest way to get to his guest rooms. The walk was definately not long but the gesture was much appreciated as there are 2-3 different ways to reach the bnb, the walk was no more than 5-7 minutes. Sandro was a warm attentive host and a lovely welcome into Riomaggiore, he even helped me with my bags and had an umbrella for me.

I visited just after the mudslides where Vernassa had suffered the most. Sandro supplied me with a map of the 5 towns. He then spent some time to explain to me where the best tracks were and where some tracks had been closed due to the floods. He also pointed out some great restaurants where they serve fantastic seafood, which I also will be reviewing.

The room I stayed had the most refreshing dream like sea view right from my window, pic attached. The whole interior had just been renovated recently with 5star appointments. There are 2 heaters in the room, the bed was very comfortable, the mini fridge was stocked w drinks, yoghurt and water which Sandro explained was all included. There was even packaged croissants supplied. My room had a separate seating room with a couch and desk. A true decadent touch. The bathroom had appointments that matched if not exceeded 5star hotels. The best thing was the shower, great pressure and had hot water once you turned the taps. A real gem after a long days trekking on the walking tracks in the Cinque Terre winter. I think the room was number 3, very highly recommended!

The location was perfect being a short path from the marina shore where there was the best seafood restaurant and short stroll to the train station where you can connect to the other 4 towns, and the view... Oh the view!!

On the second day I wanted to walk path ten, I emailed Sandro to ask if it was safe to do so. The response was very prompt and Sandro replied saying that he had contacted the local police and town mayor and ascertained that it was safe to walk providing I had hiking boots as the path was a difficult one... What a champ!!!
I stupidly neglected to reply to this courteous email and he even sent a follow up email to ensure that I had received his response and that I was well.. Impeccable service!

A day before check out, Sandro emailed to ask if it was ok to check out at 10.30am. I replied stating I needed to leave 8.30 to take a 9am train. He responded that he would meet me at the train station to see me off which he did. We had a chat and he explained how he had renovated the rooms all by himself, bringing all materials in on his back as there are no cars allowed into the centre of Riomaggiore. Made me appreciate it even more!! Having been in the service industry all my life, I found Sandro's service second to none. He has strong customer focus and aims to please. His passion is clear and is truly inspiring!

Sandro and Alla Marina had definately made my stay in Riomaggiore a truly memorable one. I wish to return again in the summer to see this beautiful town again.

If you are planning a stay in Cinque Terre, do yourself a favor and book into these lovely rooms. The experience will have you not want to leave!

Sandro mate, please continue what you are doing! Your customer service is impeccable! You have a great establishment in an amazing town. I will be thinking of and remembering my stay at your rooms for the rest of my life!!!

• Stayed February 2012
Naples, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We just want to say how good our stay in Riomaggiore at Affittacamere
> Alla Marina has been.
> The position of the rooms is fantastic, and the servce and help we received a welcome bonus.
> A. The Position.
> An easy walk from the station to the front door- a few steps- not
> daunting- and anyway Sandro helps with your luggage (if you have a
> lot -like us) and guides the way.
> The rooms overlook the Marina, and your hear the lapping of the
> sea, as well as see the charming small fishing boats from the
> window. (The double glazed windows keep the sound out very effectively
> if you wish)
> A walk down steepish stairs from the room sets you right in the
> middle of the beautiful marina, and then an easy walk to the beginning
> of the delightful town.
> B. The Practical Aspects.
> A large clean, fresh modern room. Large double bed and cupboard
> for clothes. A fridge for the inevitable local delicacies that you buy.
> There is a cleverly seperate ensuite. Strong hot shower- lasts forever!
> C. More than a bonus- a necessity for me- at least.
> A very helpful proprietor.
> Sandro speaks English very well, and not only could he help us with our
> questions and needs, but since he is a local, he was able to help us
> arrange a boat ride, out of season, when nothing was advertised. He
> helped us negiotiate the walking trails, helped with computer etc. etc.
> D. Great Place.
> Well Worth the Stay.

> Tayma and David. Feb 2012.
> >

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Alla Marina? Share your experiences!