“Fantastic apartment with awesome views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Scogliera

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Riomaggiore
La Scogliera
You added La Scogliera to your Saves list
Salita Castello, 178,, 19017 Riomaggiore, Italy   |
Offers & Announcements
€80 (EUR)
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Riomaggiore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ulverstone, Australia
“Fantastic apartment with awesome views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

During August we stayed for four nights in this wonderful apartment and were spoiled by the hospitality of Agostino and Paolo. The apartment was spotlessly clean, with amazing views from both windows and our little balcony. It had everything we needed for our stay. Like other guests, we were really impressed with the care and thoughtfulness of the family - we too sampled limocelli and enjoyed a delicious lemon torte. Also, we were personally escorted to a couple of recommended eating places. During our six weeks travel in Europe we considered this exceptional accommodation. (Only problem - not really clear on arrival and departure processes)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Make sure you are fit, and if possible, minimise your luggage. Lots of steps to get to this apartment, but worth every one of them. They did get smaller as the days went by.
The view from the balcony is superb. Have a few wines each evening, watching the local youth jump of the cliffs into the clear blue waters-heaven on earth.
The apartment is well kept, clean, and very comfortable. Kitchen is excellent, bed comfortable.
The views superb.
Picking the key up was tricky-our fault, we did not ask how. Maria, the owners mother lives upstairs and is delightful. Amazing how much you can communicate, with our very minimal Italian, and her expansive Italian.
Paolo was very helpful, recommending and booking a local restaurant for us.
And his lemon tart needs a website to itself. The homemade limoncello was also wonderful.
Would definitely stay there if in Riomaggiore again (which we will )

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed in the apartment and could not have asked for more. The apartment was spacious with a beautiful view of the sea. The apartment was spotless clean and we loved the views so much that instead of eating out, we either got take away or bought food from the grocery to eat on the balcony. We also felt recharged after getting a few good night sleep, listening to the waves. Paola has been a wonderful host - nearly every morning he brought us little gifts. The home made limoncello and the grape spirits was the best (and dare I say strongest) limoncello I had during my two week stay in Italy. This stay has definitely made me want to come back to Cinque Terre again!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed in the room and could not have asked for a more charming experience. Paolo is the perfect host. There is home-made limoncello to welcome you and the view is extraordinary. The crashing of the sea on the rocks below is the best antidote to stress, we slept like babies. We could only get the room for 2 days (do book well ahead) and on the day we were moving to another room we walked to that office to get the keys. We found Paolo on his way back from organising the room change for us as they all know each other in this small, friendly town. That is service!

The room is so pretty and has everything you could need, including a table and chairs in front of the perfect view. Next time I will plan more in advance and stay longer. We had a wonderful month's honeymoon in Italy but this first stop was a very special stay. Grazie Paolo!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

There is little that can be added to those reviews previous. It is a magical apartment if you love the sea and want to be part of this charming location.
Just be prepared for the steep steps ref your baggage. It is worth the effort, but take a cold bottle of beer to reward yourself whilst sitting on the balcony! We will return next year with out doubt.
Enjoy!

Nagoya, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed in the apartment and the room. The apartment was adorable! As soon as I entered I loved it! It was spotlessly clean and the view was exactly what I had anticipated. Agostino, Paolo and the other brother were awesome. They kept showing up at my door with lovely gifts. One day they presented me with a lemon cake. Another day they gave me a huge bowl of fruit picked from their orchard and there was limoncello waiting in my room upon my arrival ... homemade limoncello made with their own lemons from their orchard. It was delicious.
Agostino was very kind and offered to take me out in his fishing boat one night with his friend to collect in the lines. What an experience!
Finally, it is great meeting honest hosts. I overpaid by 60 euros (Agostino was not there during my check-out and the younger brother saw to my bill). Agostino immediately wrote to me and informed me that I had overpaid and he made sure that my money was returned. I would never have known I had overpaid if he had not been so honest.
I highly recommend this charming place (take the apartment if you can - it is well-worth the extra money!)
Thank you for a wonderful stay and I will be back sometime in the future!

Room Tip: The apartment has a lovely balcony. It is well-worth paying a bit extra for the apartment. I fell in...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed one night in the hotel room and two nights in the the apartment. Both are lovely and immediately over the water. If available, having the small balcony in the apartment is worth the extra money. Coffee in the quiet of the morning and a nice dinner on the balcony one evening were a couple of the highlights. We also had two wonderful meals steps from our lodging, ask Agoustino or Paulo for the names. The room is clean and comfortable and the location cannot be beat. Allows quick access to the station, water and hike. Given the steep steps, be prepared for a difficult haul to and from station if traveling with heavy bags. To clarify the instructions if arriving via train. If you are coming from the direction of La Spezia. You go through a tunnel to get to the other side and then you take the tunnel along the tracks to where you head down. Once you get to the Marina, head up the stairs to the right of the boat ramp. Hordes of tourists fill the place up during the day but it is much quieter at night. Certainly not undiscovered. The whole family is quite friendly with some English language skills and they were very patient with our minimal Italian. The in room gifts of some wine and limoncello were a great touch. Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Scogliera? Share your experiences!