“lovely place, good tastes and very friendly hosts” 5 of 5 stars

via Roma 7, 19016 Monterosso al Mare, Italy
Website
Improve this listing
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“lovely place, good tastes and very friendly hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

If this place looks packed, come back later - it's worth it!

Visited May 2012

Charleston, South Carolina
“Cherry is a delight and had great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

We arrived in Monterosso al Mare after dark after a white knuckle drive from Riomaggiore. Another gentleman called Cherry for us to see if she had an apartment for the four of us to stay in for a few days. She took us to the apartment and it had a double bed and a bunk bed. She saw the looks on our faces and said, "I can see you aren't happy with this. You should be happy on your vacation. She took us back to her Cantina, poured us each a glass of vino rosso and called a friend. We drank the wine, met a few locals and the other lady showed up who took us to a great apartment with 2 bedrooms/2 baths near the entrance to town. We were delighted. We made two more stops at Cherry's. The first time we bought some of her great limoncello and meloncello cream and a bottle of prosecco. The second time we came by to say goodbye because we were leaving and wanted to thank her. We lamented the internet cafe was closed as we were looking for an apartment in Rome. She whipped out her laptop and set me up to use it..all at no charge. Stop by and see Cherry. She is a jewel. Randy & Sandy, Mt. Pleasant SC.

Sacile, Italy
“Wine, pesto and marmalade tasting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

When to the Cantina after reading the reviews and it was a good experience. They had many wines, pesto and marmalade to taste and we bought our It is rare to find a place that are doing tasting all the time. Since locals are just afraid of the many tourists that taste and no buy anything this is why many businesses don’t do it no more. I went across the street a few steps up the hill to a bakery/cheese/place that the lady was very rude with me after asking for a taste of cheese. Reply to me in English that people ask for taste and don't buy and I said I'm not one of those and bought the cheese anyways without tasting it. Lucky me it was good.

Melbourne
“The Net Internet Point”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

I can't recommend Di Enzp Scapparone of the The Net Internet Point more highly. He was extremely helpful and not the least bit patronising to this middle aged traveller who needed to ask for his assistance on several occasions over the three days that I used his services. It is located at via Vittoria Emanuele, 55, but not so easy to find the first time. Walk uphill from the main road and just after you pass a small arch there is a little lane on the left. Ask the locals for directions if you get lost or give Di Enzo a call on 0817817288 or cell (mobile) 3347785085.

Manaus
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

I was looking for a tasting of typical local dessert wines, I heard from friends before leaving about liguria sweet wines... I stopped by chance in this beautiful old village and people in the street sent me here... What a fantastic place... I met friendly people. They made me know the scacetra or whatever. I hardly coluld leave this good tasting temple. They were so informative and competent!