“Perfect location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Il Timone Camere

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monterosso al Mare
Il Timone Camere
You added Il Timone Camere to your Saves list
Via Roma 75, 19016 Monterosso al Mare, Italy   |
Melbourne, Australia
“Perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Il Timone Loreto located at the quiet end of the main street in Monterosso. We found the location perfect for our stay on the Cinque Terre. Walking distance from the railway station and close to all the restaurants and shops. Frederica was a wonderful host, always ready to answer any of our questions. She also provided us with maps, information and suggestions for good places to eat (at our request). The accommodation was clean, comfortable and well appointed. Each morning we would climb the steps to Il Timone Lerta for the delicious breakfasts provided by Frederica and her mother. We have no hesitation in recommending this B&B to other travellers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I just got back from a 3 weeks trip in France and Italy and this is the best place I have stayed in! We stayed in the Timone Lerta. When we arrived, Francesco helped me to get throught those stairs with all my luggages. He gave us a map of Monterosso and a few explanations about the village. The room was very very clean and the bathroom was very spacious. There is WIFI and A/C in the room, which is great and they furnish beach towels. There is a roof top terrace where breakfast was served. It was baked by Francesco's mom who is absolutely lovely. The breakfast was amazing and delicious, the best I had during my whole trip. The location is perfect, it is a few minutes walk from the train station, the beach and the trail to Vernazza. I have nothing negative to say about this B&B. You should go there, it is worth it. We loved our stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Just got back from a two week vacation in Italy and told myself that I would not miss out on the opportunity to write a review on this B&B. My husband and I were blown away by the hospitality and service that was given by Francesco, Frederica and their mom. What amazed us was the price we paid for what we got. Location is perfect. Yes you have a to climb a few steps but don't forget that if you are in Cinque Terre, you are bound to climb steps every where you go.

We stayed at their Il Timone Lerta location which was walking distance to the train station, restaurants and of course the beach. Our reservations were confirmed via email and when we arrived to Francesco's restaurant he walked us to the B&B. He provided a detailed explanation of their home and answered all our questions while checking us in. To top it all off, we had the greatest breakfast at this B&B. It was prepared fresh every morning by Francesco's mother.

We do not have any pictures to share but can assure you that that pics on their website are exactly what the place looked like.

It is very much worth it and look forward to going back one day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I want to thank our hosts for the ekstra service (beach towels, customiced breakfast etc.). You are both very friendly. My gilrdfriend and I stayed at one of the rooms on the main street for 9 days in August 2012 No sea view but of course we knew that before we booked. The apartment was much more charming and clean than it looks on the fotos on their website. Really nice place to stay. And really nice town. The stay compared to price was VERY good. Next time in Montorosso we will stay the same place.

• Stayed August 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

You will be so happy you chose Il Timone in Monteroso. This B&B is not only clean and quaint, but Frederica and Francesco are absolutely delightful. They went out of their way to help us and make us feel at home. We cannot say enough about everything they did for us! Our train was several hours late and we had no way of letting them know, but they were so understanding and Frederica even carried my backpack up the stairs for me! I cannot even begin to tell you how wonderful breakfast was. It was a welcome surprise for us after having 2 weeks of £10 croissants and juice. The breakfast is prepared at one of their locations up the hill and is handmade my Frederica and Francesco's mother. The pastries are the best I have ever had and the breakfast is served on the terrace. It is so worth it!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at the wonderful Il Timone Lerta in June, and it was the perfect place to stay in this absolutely beautiful area! We had questioned whether it would be worth the climb to stay at this location, but it was absolutely worth it (and Francesco was kind enough to carry my suitcase up all of the steps for me)! The views from the rooftop terrace are terrific, and the made-to-order breakfasts were absolutely delicious! We were treated so well and they made us feel totally at home. The room we stayed in (the Nina) was very comfortable, extremely clean, and well air-conditioned. The shower was small but great. Out of our two and a half week trip through Europe, our experience in Cinque Terre and this b&b was definitely one of the absolute highlights!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I had an incredible two nights in Cinque Terre and our accommodation/hosts were a big part of what made it so great! Right from the get-go, Francesco was great - helpful and quick with email replies. Then when we arrived, we had parked on the fringes of the village and he walked up the hill to greet us at our car and then walked us through the village to our room. The room is sweet and charming with the best shower we had all trip! Of a morning, you'll enjoy a tasty, fresh breakfast (cooked by Francesco's Mum!) up on the gorgeous sunny terrace overlooking the village.
We stayed in Timone Lerta which is one of a couple of places run by Francesco in Monterosso, there is a decent set of stairs to climb but it's worth it!
In terms of the actual area, we loved Monterosso! It was quaint and warm but was still lively without too many other tourists (compared to some of the other towns in Cinque Terre).
In short, we can't recommend this place highly enough!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Il Timone Camere? Share your experiences!